Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati is the premier legal advisor to technology, life sciences, and other growth enterprises worldwide. We represent companies at every stage of development, from entrepreneurial start-ups to multibillion-dollar global corporations, as well as the venture firms, private equity firms, and investment banks that finance and advise them. The firm has approximately 950 attorneys in 16 offices: 11 in the U.S., three in China, and two in Europe. Our broad spectrum of practices and entrepreneurial spirit allow our staff exceptional opportunities for professional achievement and career growth.
Working at Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati is a challenging and rewarding experience. Our firm is recognized as the leader in providing legal and business advice to technology and growth companies at all stages of development. Our broad spectrum of practices and entrepreneurial spirit allow our staff exceptional opportunities for professional growth and exploration.
This role will partner with the Emerging Companies Practice Group leaders, helping them develop and drive strategy, practice group leadership, business development, and client service. This position will report administratively to the Corporate Chief Practice Officer.
- Perform research and analysis to support the development of the group’s business strategy
- Work closely with the Emerging Companies Practice Group leaders, practice group attorneys and other firm leaders on implementing the group’s business strategy
- Work with practice group attorneys to execute practice development initiatives
- Coordinate with practice group leaders to facilitate regular practice group meetings, events, and internal communications
- Work with Marketing, Business Development and Communications teams to prepare internal marketing, and client-facing materials, and to coordinate external events
- Work with Finance on pricing and billing structures, financial analyses and financial management
- Other practice group management responsibilities as assigned by the practice group leaders
Qualifications, Preferred Background, and Professional Skills
- At least four years of progressively responsible experience in a management consulting, investment banking, or in another role requiring project management, execution, research, analysis, and reporting
- Experience in a venture capital firm, venture industry or venture companies are a plus
- Familiarity with financial metrics and managing a business unit’s P&L
- Experience or familiarity with digital transformation
- Experience developing and utilizing project management and workflow tools
- Ability to think strategically and analytically; quantitative skills are strongly preferred
- Strong leadership, relationship, problem-solving, organization, and planning skills
- Creativity in developing solutions given practical constraints
- Ability to work effectively in a busy, dynamic, and collaborative work environment
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
- Law firm experience not required
- Great work ethic
About Wilson Sonsini Goodrich and Rosati
Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati is the premier legal advisor to technology, life sciences, and other growth enterprises worldwide. We represent companies at every stage of development, from entrepreneurial start-ups to multibillion-dollar global corporations, as well as the venture firms, private equity firms, and investment banks that finance and advise them. The firm's broad range of services and practice areas are focused on addressing the principal challenges faced by the management, boards of directors, shareholders, and in-house counsel of our clients.
The firm is nationally recognized for providing high-quality services to address the legal solutions required by its enterprise and financial institution clients. Our services include corporate law and governance, public and private offerings of equity and debt securities, mergers and acquisitions, securities class action litigation, intellectual property litigation, antitrust counseling and litigation, joint ventures and strategic alliances, technology licensing and other intellectual property transactions, tax, and employee benefits and employment law, among other areas. Our distinguished international roster of clients span a wide variety of industries, including information technology, life sciences, energy and clean technology, media and entertainment, communications, retail, and financial services.