TriNet is a leading provider of comprehensive human resources solutions for small to midsize businesses (SMBs). We enhance business productivity by enabling our clients to outsource their HR function to one strategic partner and allowing them to focus on operating and growing their core businesses. Our full-service HR solutions include features such as payroll processing, human capital consulting, employment law compliance and employee benefits, including health insurance, retirement plans and workers’ compensation insurance.
TriNet has a nationwide presence and an experienced executive team. Our stock is publicly traded on the NYSE under the ticker symbol TNET. If you’re passionate about innovation and making an impact on the large SMB market, come join us as we power our clients’ business success with extraordinary HR
The Legal Change Manager will implement projects designed to optimize the delivery of legal services. You will have an important role in the continued implementation of operational efficiency within the legal team, freedom to identify key areas of improvement and influence procedures and best legal practices for the Legal Department. You must be able to adapt to changing priorities and business needs, and must be proactive in identifying areas of need and generating action plans.
• Law firm relationship oversight
• Manage outside law firms to ensure compliance with billing guidelines, including adherence to negotiated rates and specified billing practices.
• Define metrics for increased visibility and insight into law firm performance.
• Oversee, optimize, and manage law firm invoicing program.
• Identify, implement, integrate, and optimize legal department applications and tools to create automation capabilities.
• Partner with key stakeholders to develop a technology roadmap and technology initiatives.
• Translate ideas and best practices to results by executing on action plans, and project/program management through building centralized resources, processes, documentation, and legal department intranet.
• Manage one legal coordinator.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Bachelor’s degree desired; or a minimum of 4 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience or related work experience.
Training Requirements (licenses, programs, or certificates): No special licenses or certifications needed
• Minimum of 4 years in an operational role in a legal department
• Experience with Thomson Reuters Legal Tracker preferred
• Good understanding of law firm billing / business models
• Strong process, project and operational management skills
• Technological aptitude and eagerness to learn new technologies
• Demonstrated organizational and prioritization skills and an ability to successfully juggle multiple mandates at the same time
• Excellent analytical skills and an ability to effectively use both data and experience-based instinct to make decisions
• Experience building and maintaining strong, collaborative relationships across many levels and functions within an organization
• Creative thinker with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Outstanding written & verbal communication skills, ‘hands-on’ style and willingness to proactively engage with peers
• Must be detail oriented and highly organized
• Must embrace change and have a proven track record of process redesign
• Demonstrated self-initiative, integrity, and resilience
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Ability to manage high-volume, small scale projects
• Excellent collaboration, teamwork and interpersonal skills
• Ability to effectively meet customer needs, taking responsibility for customer satisfaction
• Ability to create and comprehend reports and spreadsheets
• Ability to maintain effectiveness and professionalism when experiencing change in work tasks and/or the work environment
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment and under pressure of deadlines
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products required
• Strong presentation skills and ability to create presentations and create process flow diagrams in Visio or other software applications as needed.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/OTHER INFORMATION (Travel required, physical requirements, on-call schedules, etc.)
• Minimal travel may be required.
Please Note: TriNet reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Position functions and qualifications may vary depending on business necessity.
TriNet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, religion, color, disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, veteran status or other legally protected characteristics. Any applicant with a mental or physical disability who requires an accommodation during the application process should contact a company manager, a company officer or a TriNet HR representative to request such an accommodation.
TriNet is a professional employer organization that provides small and medium-size businesses (SMBs) with full-service HR solutions tailored by industry. To free SMBs from HR complexities, TriNet offers access to human capital expertise, benefits, risk mitigation and compliance, payroll and real-time technology. From Main Street to Wall Street, TriNet empowers SMBs to focus on what matters most—growing their business.