When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
The Legal Operations team is seeking an energetic, creative, and engaged Project Manager with experience planning, documenting, and executing projects in the legal space. In this role, you will work closely with our legal department to set up tools, processes, and analytics that optimize the delivery of legal services.
Being a member of this dynamic Legal Operations team is a great opportunity to work in a fast-paced, efficient, and innovative environment. In this role you will gain valuable exposure to many areas of Thermo Fisher’s businesses, work with people of all levels, manage projects, and be a champion for positive change.
What will you do?
- Define, develop, and manage overall project plans to ensure work is assigned and completed on time
- Partner with multi-disciplinary teams across the organization to achieve desired project outcomes
- Generate and maintain artifacts for typical projects, such as business benefits, project plans, risk assessments, scope statements, timelines, resourcing proposals, budgets, change management and communication plans.
- Identify and define metrics and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and create mechanisms to track and monitor these metrics through reports and dashboards for visual analytics
- Create tools, workflows, and processes to support the technical needs of a global legal organization
- Identify and recommend process improvement, service, and automation opportunities
- Assist in identifying and implementing legal department tools to streamline new or existing practices, as well as managing design, rollout, and training for new systems
- Work closely with the rest of the Legal Operations team to drive ongoing strategic initiatives
Bachelor’s Degree or relevant experience required
- 5+ years of experience in a related position in Legal Operations, preferably in large, matrixed organization; Alternatively, project management experience in another discipline
- Proven track record of driving projects through the entire project life-cycle;
- Experience with change management
- Experience facilitating agreement among stakeholders with different interests
- Experience with legal spend management and analytics
- Experience with or knowledge of contract lifecycle management solutions
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Diverse combination of legal, business, project management, and technical skills
- Strong communication, collaboration, verbal, and written skills
- Self-starter who proactively identifies opportunities to improve and streamline processes
- Strong data analysis skills and experience utilizing data analysis tools and techniques
- Have an ownership mentality and be intellectually curious – see tasks through to completion, and proactively seek out answers to problems that may fall outside of your area of expertise
- Be a team player with good interpersonal skills and have the ability to tactfully manage internal customer expectations
- See the big picture and communicate verbally and in writing to a cross-functional team of legal, scientific, and financially-oriented individuals
- Have an interest in and the ability to connect with, build, and maintain relationships with colleagues at all levels and across organizational and geographic boundaries
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office 365 suite of programs, particularly Sharepoint and PowerBI
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 80,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $30 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 80,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.