We are seeking a legal technology leader who knows how to innovate within a corporate legal department. Bring your experience to help us scale and grow. You will set the technology vision and own the roadmap for Splunk’s Legal and Global Affairs (LGA) department. Your team will drive selection and implementation of LGA’s technology applications, and improve business processes. When necessary, you will use internal tool sets and your MacGyver know-how to develop automated or 3rd party solutions. Help us understand what is possible.
There’s plenty happening in LGA at Splunk! This role will report to the Senior Program Manager of Legal Operations, but the real clients will span LGA leadership, which includes Legal, Government Affairs and Splunk’s social impact arm, Global Impact. The Legal Technology & Solutions Manager will report into this role.
You must be technically astute, and able to work independently, moving quickly from conversation to solution. You love multitasking, are flexible and enjoy working in the weeds to get things done. You have a high attention to detail, superb communication abilities, and never-ending curiosity. You possess excellent customer service skills. You also must be fun, as we are a great team. We live the mantra—work hard, have fun, make history!
– Set the technical vision and strategy.
– Chat and brainstorm to find solutions to our biggest problems.
– Present, maintain and communicate the technical roadmap to LGA leadership.
– Coordinate with various Splunk internal teams (e.g., IT, PMO, Business Applications) to advance LGA priorities.
– Evaluate and enhance business processes through workflow automation and integration using tools such as Mitratech’s Thinksmart Automation Platform (TAP), Docusign, and Google Workspace.
– Select, implement, integrate, test and maintain LGA’s suite of legal and business technologies and solutions, including workflow applications, contract management systems, AODocs, SimpleLegal e-billing platform, eDiscovery solutions and other systems as required.
– Manage LGA’s hardware, software and professional services vendors.
– Manage the department’s intranet.
– Document Splunk’s best-practices; perform user testing and training as vital.
– Other responsibilities as needed.
– A minimum of 12 years of relevant experience with a technical bachelor’s degree; or a minimum of 8 years and a technical master’s degree; or a PhD with a minimum of 5 years’ experience; or equivalent experience
– Proven ability to set, communicate, and execute on a technical vision and roadmap
– Ability to think strategically while balancing multiple priorities
– Able to define problem statements, quantify impact, synthesize a story, and recommend solutions
– Experience selecting and maintaining legal technologies (e.g., e-billing systems, matter management, contract management system) and workflow automation tools
– Active participation in industry groups and associations.
– Previous experience in-house at a technology/SaaS company’s legal department strongly preferred
– Demonstrable ability to be highly productive with minimal oversight from management
– Excellent communication capabilities and a proven track record of building positive relationships with senior partners
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in certain locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.