When you step into SEI – anywhere in the world – you know you’re not inside a traditional financial services company. We have no offices. Our open innovation spaces spur creativity, the provocative artwork inspires conversation, and the flexible work-life balance drives personal and professional growth. We are a place to inspire your work, build your voice, and grow your community. We’re different. And we’re proud of it.
The role of the Director of Legal Operations will involve supporting the legal team by creating and managing organizational and operational processes to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the team. The successful candidate will apply creative thinking and suggest innovative ways of driving the department forward through processes, technology and information. The role requires an organized, detail-oriented, and highly efficient individual with great interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
What you’ll do:
- Process improvement: Identifying opportunities to improve processes, share best practices, develop playbooks and train and improve efficiency with respect to the Legal Department’s processes, systems and technologies. The role will stay aware of legal operations industry trends and advise on needed upgrades and improvements to business processes and tools.
- Legal Technology Management: Responsible for implementing, managing and overseeing legal technology platforms and initiatives across the Legal Department. Arranges or provides ongoing training on technology platforms. Serve as an advocate to drive user acceptance and use of technology to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Project management: Define roles, responsibilities, accountabilities, and timelines for project tasks to ensure successful execution.
- Reporting & Analytics: Develop and implement appropriate metrics and benchmarking through data analytics to measure the legal team’s performance both within and outside the department.
- Legal Vendor Management: Responsible for managing and liaising with legal department vendors, including overseeing billing issues and budgeting/accrual process. Assist with budget matters and optimizing workflows with the Legal Department.
- Legal Administrative Support: Manage and oversee the administrative support personnel within the Legal Department.
What you bring to the table:
- B.A. or equivalent, from an accredited college or university
- Experience at a law firm or corporate legal department, or with applications or technologies used in such organizationsSystems and data orientation with advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Self-starter with excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong written and communication skills
- Curiosity and pragmatism
- Detail-oriented and capable of multi-tasking and prioritizing in a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and data accuracy when handling sensitive information
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders and manage complex and sometimes conflicting priorities
- Great interpersonal and problem-solving skills
Attributes we value:
Dedicated to Self-Improvement
SEI is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
SEI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and so much more…
After 50 years in business, SEI is a leading global provider of investment processing, investment management, and investment operations solutions. Reflecting our experience within financial services and financial technology our Oaks, PA office encompasses an open floor plan and numerous art installations designed to encourage innovation and creativity in our workforce. We recognize that our people are our most valuable asset and that a healthy, happy, and motivated workforce is key to our continued growth. At SEI, we’re (literally) invested in your success. We offer our employees paid parental leave, back-up childcare arrangements, paid volunteer days, education assistance, and access to thriving employee networks.