Job Title: Legal Operations Analyst, Spend Optimization
Job Type: Full-Time
Want to change the way work…works? This is your moment.
RingCentral Glip integrates messaging with video to make conversation, collaboration and connection more meaningful than ever, no matter where or how people want to work.
When you join RingCentral Legal, you’ll bring your expertise to everything from policy to contracts to lawsuits. You’ll help protect the company from threats, guide internal policy decisions and drive ideas that change the way the world communicates. All in a strong, supportive culture designed to help you succeed.
We’re as proud of our working environment as we are of our market success. You’ll find all the training, opportunity and resources you could ever want here – with all the work/life benefits you expect, and none of the micromanagement. RingCentral regularly brings home Best Place To Work awards from locations all over the world, and outstanding company ratings on Glassdoor and Comparably!
RingCentral surrounds you with world-class technology and talent, in a people-first environment built from the ground up to help you do the best work of your career. We’re not just changing the nature of communication and teamwork. We’re winning, together.
RingCentral Legal is seeking a Legal Operations Analyst, Spend Optimization to join the Legal Operations team. In this role, you will assume responsibility for RingCentral’s cost management programs, collaborating with RingCentral’s legal and Finance teams to execute and further develop cost control initiatives. Working with our Head of Legal Operations and Legal leadership team, you will also track and report on progress made towards cost management on a regular basis. This role will also be responsible for supporting the operations of the Legal team directly, as needed.
Operational responsibilities include financial and budget management, including the annual budgeting and planning process around law firm spend, monthly forecast and accruals, program management and training for outside counsel-related programs, and ad hoc Legal Operations projects as needed. The ideal candidate will be process oriented, have a good grasp on the legal industry levers related to department cost management, customer service-focused and detail-oriented. The ideal candidate will also have the diplomatic presence to handle potentially difficult fee discussions with our most long tenured and valued outside counsel firms from diverse cultures around the world, and excellent communication skills. This person will be encouraged to innovate and build upon current processes, working closely with RingCentral’s Legal leadership team.
To succeed in this role, you will need to be able to multitask efficiently and effectively to manage competing priorities. The position will require partnering with key internal organizations (FP&A, Tax, etc.). Experience leveraging cost management programs in-house, working to measure their success and communicating results to leadership teams are essential.
– Lead RingCentral’s Legal Cost Management Programs with the aim of driving effective pricing strategies, improving existing matter management and cost control processes for helping manage RingCentral’s external spend
– Provide creative thinking to help identify and develop cutting-edge strategies for reducing outside legal spend while maintaining excellent legal representation and optimizing engagement practices with our law firms
– Negotiate global retention agreements with our firms, including hourly rates, alternative fee arrangements
– Analyze outside counsel billing practices against in-house requirements
– Maintain and update outside counsel billing guides and related tools
– Partner closely with RingCentral’s Legal Operation partners, on resolving any firm billing issues, process improvements, and system enhancements
– Identify, collect, and report on global key performance indicators to provide visibility to the General Counsel and leadership team to help with legal spend management
– Work cross-functionally with professionals in Legal, Finance, IT, and others
– Document and automate spend management workflows using various technologies
– Collaborate on various ad hoc Legal Operations projects to ensure progress against larger strategic Legal Operations goals for RingCentral Legal
– Statistical analysis of complex data sets related to outside counsel engagements
– Must have experience with Legal technology (e.g. Legal Tracker or other e-Billing tools and legal-department-focused tooling)
– 2+ years of work experience in legal operations and/or legal pricing environment
– Experience in all Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel and PowerPoint
– Time management and multitasking/prioritization experience
– Demonstrated track record of influencing senior level stakeholders (both internal and external)
– Experience dealing with all levels of an organization and law firms’ organizations (partners, attorneys, administrative assistants, billing teams, etc.)
– Experience recognizing needs, solving problems, and anticipating issues
– Demonstrable experience with designing, negotiating and evaluating alternative fee arrangements
– Proven communication experience with partner-level outside counsel attorneys and pricing directors of law firms
– Project management experience
– Knowledge in law firm pricing and billing practices
– 3+ years in law firm pricing function and/or in-house legal cost management experience
What we offer:
RingCentral offers all the work/life benefits you could ever want, (and none of the micromanagement.)
– Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability, life and pet insurance
– Flexible PTO
– 401K match and ESPP
– Wellness programs including virtual yoga, bootcamp, meditation classes and more
– Paid parental leave
– Milkstork parental account
– New parent gift box
Say hello to the future of work. And the end of the resume black hole.
We didn’t create Glip specifically for hiring, but we might as well have. No more wondering if your resume was jettisoned into the vast emptiness of space. Sign up for Glip (it’s free, no downloads,) and discover how smooth, informative and great the hiring process can be. So start meeting on www.Glip.com — we look forward to connecting soon.
RingCentral is the worldwide leader in cloud-based communications. Our software communications platform delivers phone, group chat, mobile communications, video calls, videoconference, contact center and AI-driven digital engagement. It’s a powerful, global presence that allows businesses to communicate anywhere, anytime with anyone.
RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that truly values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.