The PayPal Legal Operations team is seeking an experienced, highly engaged and dynamic Sr. Manager to join our team. This is a Legal Operations generalist role; however, a key part of this role will be managing the department’s IT portfolio. Therefore, experience evaluating, implementing and maintaining legal department technology solutions (e.g., contract management/self-service contracting, ebilling/matter management, document management, knowledge management, etc.) is required.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Tools and Technology:Serve as owner of Legal Department’s technology portfolio (approx. 25 systems) and 3-year roadmap. Act as lead liaison and escalation point for work with corporate IT team dedicated to Legal.
- Active project team participant and lead along with the IT group for several technology projects, including reviewing/assessing potential new technology solutions, new system launches, system upgrades and product enhancements.
- For systems owned by Legal Operations, also serve as business system owner – manage the vendor selection, implementation, testing, global rollout and training for any new software and tools in this space.
- Responsible, in close coordination with the corporate IT team, for tracking the progress and performance of the Legal IT portfolio and making recommendations to management on the technology direction for the department.
- Assist with testing, training, implementation and adoption of technology solutions.
- Identify opportunities to leverage technology solutions to resolve business issues.
- Knowledge Management: Assist with further build-out/enhancement of Legal Department’s internal and company-facing portals.
- Create self-help tools (dashboards, toolkits, on-demand trainings/FAQs, etc.) to support knowledge management throughout the function.
- Document existing policies, procedures and guidelines; develop one-stop shop for online resources and training and formulate education plan around such policies/processes.
- Operational Excellence: Help translate Business Affairs goals and priorities into strategic vision for Legal function. Assist with collection and assessment of benchmarks/metrics/KPIs.
- Ensure cross-functional alignment. Create and drive relationships with other key company functions, such as HR, IT, Finance and Real Estate/Facilities.
- Assist with management of department operations, such as HR processes, new hire onboarding, communications, memberships, training, etc.
- Serve as a champion and change agent shaping the culture of the department. Assist with development, implementation and enhancement of department processes.
- Support the implementation/roll-out of Company programs and practices to the function, promoting key leadership messaging.
- Proactively seek ways to improve current processes to maximize productivity, workflow, and maximize department’s efficiency.
- Provide support for special projects as requested. Support Director of Legal Operations with various ad hoc projects.
- High level of professionalism and emotional intelligence
- Excellent written, communication, research, and presentation skills
- Experience with fiscal and budget management and general project management in a technical environment; drafting business cases/ROI analyses.
- Strong project management skills – consistently completes projects on-time with great attention to detail.
- Strong working knowledge of, and hands-on practical experience with, technology tools and applications typically used in Legal department settings
- A demonstrated understanding of how to develop, implement, and enhance processes. Eager to learn new things and apply knowledge to innovate, improve/simplify processes.
- Thrives in a global, fast-paced, and dynamic work environment. Ability to manage high job complexity and constant multi-tasking. Well organized, able to prioritize well, work efficiently. Shows flexibility as workloads fluctuate.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and work effectively with global teams at all levels (including senior leadership) within a highly matrixed organization.
- A genuine interest and ability to connect with, build and maintain relationships with people at all levels and across organizational and geographic boundaries.
- Experience developing strategic or departmental planning materials that required consensus gathering from multiple constituents. Strong business partnering skills.
- An ownership mentality – sees tasks through to completion. Goes the extra step to proactively seek out answers to problems that may fall outside his/her area of expertise.
Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) with a focus in Business or Technology preferred.
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 375 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.