• Design and drive revenue-generating contract approval process with internal stakeholders and decision-makers.
• Enforce contract compliance for commercial and go-to-market terms by collaborating with sales, marketing, product, finance, support, and IT within SMBC.
• Support legal team with implementing legal tools, best practices, and updates to partner-facing contracts for SMBC.
• Execute legal requirements for partner onboarding and offboarding processes.
• Administer and maintain contract lifecycle management for sales and operations teams.
• Drive program-related change management process for policy or T&C changes.
• Manage the Non-Disclosure process
• Maintain and deliver standard relevant and up-to-date partner contracts to sales.
Your First Three Months:
• Understand the nuances of the SMBC business and products and how contractual terms apply to each route to market.
• Build regular cadence with legal and operations team for business alignment.
• Design and drive a process for custom contract approval.
• Establish yourself as the POC for sales on contract-related questions.
• Support sales with vendor compliance ask.
• Create a repository of different T&Cs that currently exists.
Three to Six Months and Beyond:
• Establish yourself as a subject matter expert on SMBC partner contracts.
• Establish metrics to track the effectiveness and efficiency of our partner contracting process.
• Drive partner contract standardization efforts to move legal partners from a custom commercial arrangement to a standard commercial arrangement.
• Provide recommendations to optimize and automate partner contract processes during onboarding.
Key Challenges to Overcome:
• Becoming facile with the product and our offerings to counsel legal and sales from a business and operational perspective.
• Understanding legacy contracts and getting sales buy-in to support contract standardization effort.
• Building relationships with legal, sales, product, marketing, operations, support, and leadership to smoothly implement policy changes and contract customizations.
What will make you successful at OT SMBC:
• A track record of good judgment and decision-making in positions with significant responsibility
• Highly autonomous and able to independently identify high-value projects and drive them completion
• Demonstrated leadership capability in cross-functional team environments
• A high degree of comfort with complex environments
Skills & Experience:
• 3+ years experience in a legal operations role or supporting revenue-generating contract process in the sales operations organization.
• Experience implementing Conga or other contract management tools, DocuSign or other e-signature tools as well as Salesforce.
• Saas industry experience a big plus.
• Leadership is a key attribute of a better candidate. And effective leadership is based on knowledge, respect, and impact; it isn’t assigned.
• You can work effectively across functions (Operations, Legal, Marketing, Sales, Customer Support and Product) and organization levels (executives, peers, individual contributors).
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
• A sense of humor gets you bonus points. At OT SMBC we believe work should be rewarding.
OpenText is a world leader in Information Management, helping companies securely capture, govern and exchange information on a global scale. OpenText solves digital business challenges for customers, ranging from small and mid-sized businesses to the largest and most complex organizations in the world. For more information about OpenText (NASDAQ/TSX: OTEX), visit www.opentext.com