LexGo | Let’s Fix It
LexGo is a boutique consulting firm that drives transformation within in-house legal departments. Partnering with legal departments of all sizes, we take a hands-on, integrated approach to transform stagnant or floundering in-house legal teams into operationally focused, efficient and cohesive teams.
Our clients come to us needing a partner to lead strategic change within their departments. Whether it’s building new processes from the ground up, remodelling teams, re-designing internal operating systems, tackling inefficiencies or sourcing technology to better operate, our goal is to align their priorities to help them thrive.
LexGO is looking to add a part-time Legal Operations Consultant to join its growing team. In this role, you will have the opportunity to partner with world-class legal departments to build the foundations of their Legal Ops function. You will be instrumental in improving the day-to-day efficiency and effectiveness of our client’s legal teams.
What you’ll do
This role is a part-time consulting role and hours of work will vary depending on our various client engagements. As a Legal Ops Consultant with LexGO, you will help our clients build the foundations of their legal operations function. This will include:
– Design, develop and implement fit-for-purpose processes, workflows, programs and systems to meet the current and emerging client needs
– Build and redesign operational processes, and evaluate supporting software tools with the goal of increasing organizational efficiency and effectiveness within the department
– Assist in the development and delivery of departmental operational cadence, OKR & strategic planning, communication plans as well as performance reporting
– Organize and, in some cases, lead ad hoc strategic projects for clients with project management principles, change management frameworks and/or industry best practices
– Design and develop training tailored to the relevant clients needs
– Mentor and train relevant clients to build capacity within the client organization
– Draft and deliver status reporting to the client and LexGO to track progress on client deliverables
– Work within budgetary and resources requirements within the client engagement
– Minimum of 3 years experience in legal operations as part of an in-house legal team
– Ability to work closely with clients to understand their business, solve their biggest challenges, and achieve their business objectives
– Experience collaborating with key resources and stakeholders across departments, advising, influencing decisions, managing change, and working to achieve strategic goals
– Superior judgment, problem-solving, communication, and project-management skills
– Tech-savvy and well-versed in legal enterprise software, tools, and applications
– Experience in launching operational initiatives such as streamlining processes and creating scalable solutions
– Superior verbal and written communication with creative ability to conceptualize and articulate new approaches and solutions
– Recognized as someone with a growth mindset, who promotes strategic thinking, implements solutions that create clarity
If this role sounds like it’s right up your alley, please consider applying! In your application, please include a cover letter and tell us about an interesting operational challenge you’ve worked on, and how you solved it.