Legal.io is working with a top tech company in the SF-Bay Area to hire a legal operations specialist for a 6 month / 40 hour per week project.
We’re looking for a Legal Operations Specialist to support the development, management, and execution of the Legal team’s policies, procedures, and processes in coordination with the Legal Operations Manager and Head of Legal. In addition to making sure that the Legal team’s work runs smoothly, the Legal Operations Specialist will contribute to—and with time—manage, cross-functional efforts to develop and improve company-wide policies as well. The Legal Operations Specialist will also handle bread-and-butter legal administrative work, including contracts management, records retention, litigation and investigation support, and other legal support responsibilities traditionally associated with a paralegal role. Each day will look surprisingly different from the day before, but the consistent theme will be driving impact across the company.
- Identify and implement appropriate tools to maximize legal and cross-functional efficiencies, such as optimizing legal request intake procedures.
- Create, update and maintain process and procedure documentation, including knowledge management resources.
- Support the privacy program through, for example, managing the intake and processing of data subject requests made pursuant to privacy laws, and tracking vendors, databases, and data flows generally through data maps.
- Work with Data Privacy Regulations: GDPR / CCPA
- Liaise with the Commercial Legal Director, Billing Support, and Deal Desk teams to administer contract workflows through the Company’s CLM platform from start to finish.
- Provide administrative support to the Legal team, including contract filing, document management, and assisting with the company’s foreign subsidiary formation and management.
- Project manage Legal team initiatives and assist with the implementation and operation of Legal Department tools, including status reports and task tracking.
- Stay abreast of best practices in legal operations for mid-sized tech companies; scope and execute as appropriate.
- Experience in, and a passion for, developing and implementing successful and scalable processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work well in a fast-paced environment
- 2+ years of experience in a legal support function
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with Microsoft Office / Ironclad / Salesforce / Zendesk
- A technical background
- 4+ years of legal operations or legal support experience at a tech company in a similar role
- Experience with privacy regulations
- Anticipated Start Date: Immediately
- Schedule: 40 hours per week for 6 months
- Pay Rate: $40 – $60 per hour
- Location: Redwood City, CA (temporarily remote)
Legal.io is committed to the principle of equal opportunity. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military, and veteran status or any other basis protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Legal.io helps in-house legal departments hire top legal talent for both temporary and permanent positions.