Latham & Watkins, a global law firm consistently ranked among the top firms in the world, is currently seeking a Business Development Advisor – Key Clients – Client Development to join our winning team, located in New York. The success of our firm is largely determined by our commitment to hire and develop the very best and brightest, creating a team that provides our clients with the highest quality of work and service. We are driven by our core values: respect, innovation and collaboration.
The Business Development Advisor will receive a generous total compensation package. Bonuses are awarded in recognition of individual and firm performance. Eligible employees can participate in Latham’s comprehensive benefit program including healthcare, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401k plan, and more! In addition, employees receive 10 paid holidays per year, and a PTO program that accrues 23 days during the first year of employment and grows with tenure.
The Client Development Team is responsible for growing the Firm’s key accounts as well as developing and maintaining client development best practices to be shared and leveraged throughout the Firm.
As a Business Development Advisor at Latham, you will be responsible for coordinating the account management and sales efforts with the investment bank client teams. You will navigate the client and partner relationships, identify new opportunities to grow revenue, share best practices, and ensure the client teams are coordinated in all their efforts. The responsibilities of the Business Development Advisor will also include:
- Coordinating account management for 6-7 investment accounts
- Maintaining and growing revenue within the accounts
- Developing, cascading, and executing a business development plan for each client
- Capturing, maintaining, and reporting on key metrics for both internal and client stakeholders
- Coordinating and leading effective monthly client team meetings with partners and associates to drive forward business plan
- Supporting on conducting account feedback (including post-matter and post-bid evaluations) and cascading findings appropriately
- Conducting annual client review
- Supporting and inputting into broader client engagement activities including thought leadership creation, events, CLE, and other value-add activities.
- Supporting the secondment process for assigned accounts, gather and distill client intelligence, and develop actions with the client team to capitalize on opportunities
- Mastering a deep knowledge of Firm organizational structure and engaging other verticals as appropriate to provide top quality client service
- Developing a deep understanding of the investment bank industry, bank structure, and strategic goals
- Managing the various administrative requirements as set forth by each client which may include (but is not limited to) monthly financial reports, diversity statistics, and trainings
- Promoting Firm’s values and culture, leading by example, and working for the good of the whole
- Advocating on behalf of the Firm and BD for leadership’s decided strategy, vision, and goals to peers and the BD department
- Exercising operational effectiveness, applying systems and resources effectively with colleagues at all levels
- Sharing workflow and processes with peers, identifying opportunities to streamline or share resources to increase productivity, and leveraging Firm capabilities across internal boundaries
As a Business Development Advisor, you will be expected to apply your organizational and communication skills while displaying a positive, high-energy attitude. The successful Advisor must have a minimum of five (5) years of experience in similar roles (business development, account management). The ideal candidate will have experience managing multiple large accounts, the ability to influence without authority, familiarity with business development tools, and an understanding of the marketplace based on the role. The ideal candidate will also have experience working with financial institutions. The Advisor should have a track record of managing accounts in a complex selling environment as well as experience navigating in the confines of a partnership—more of a connector (we can’t sell our services without the partners’ input/buy in/involvement).
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by clicking the ‘Apply Now’ link.
Latham & Watkins is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity, equal opportunity and sustainability enables Latham & Watkins to draw from a remarkable wealth of talent to create one of the world’s leading law firms.