Husch Blackwell LLP is a full-service litigation and business law firm with multiple locations across the United States, serving clients with domestic and international operations. We have an immediate opening for a Senior Pricing Analyst. This position may be filled remotely or in any of our HB locations.
The Senior Pricing Analyst supports the Senior Manager of Strategic Pricing to administer pricing objectives that align with Firm strategy by compiling and analyzing financial data and historical statistics. Essential job functions include:
- Assist the Senior Manager in support of the development of pricing programs, financial models and provide ongoing measurement on their effectiveness.
- Generate financial analyses that support the development of pricing strategies, pricing policies, and optimization of pricing management.
- Provide ongoing profitability analytics, and timely and accurate financial information to support firm’s client profitability objectives.
- Responsible for ad hoc financial analyses as requested per the Senior Manager and the Director of Legal Project Management & Strategic Pricing.
- Assist in developing and maintaining a pricing model database; ensure integrity of information and data.
- Assist in responding to requests from attorneys for matter planning, budgeting, and tracking.
- Review engagement letters, RFPs and client billing protocols to identify provisions which may cause policy or procedure issues for the Firm.
- Ensure pricing data is accurately represented in engagement letters and/or fee schedules for the client.
- Assist in responding to requests for proposals specific to alternative pricing strategies; prepare pricing estimates.
- Analyze performance of specific engagements against budget.
- Assist in determining attorney and non-attorney timekeeper billing rates.
- The physical activity of this position:
Reaching. Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
Pushing. Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
Pulling. Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
Fingering. Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand as in handling.
Grasping. Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
Feeling. Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips.
Talking. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
Hearing. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
Repetitive Motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- The physical requirements of this position:
Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
- The visual acuity requirements including color, depth perception, and field vision:
The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes.
The conditions the worker will be subject to in this position:The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
- Ability to deliver superior service to all internal and external customers and communicate effectively.
- Ability to interact in a professional and courteous manner with clients and employees at all times; professional appearance required.
- Ability to successfully perform position requirements with excellent organizational, time-management and prioritization skills required.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team; ability and willingness to adapt to changing business demands.
- Ability to produce acceptable amount of work efficiently and accurately; ability to produce quality final work product.
- High level of professional integrity required; ability to maintain confidentiality and build trust.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
Husch Blackwell is committed to maintaining the health and wellbeing of our people and our communities. As such, our Firm requires all Partners and employees to be fully vaccinated (subject to approved accommodations for medical or religious reasons). In order for employment to commence, all new hires must provide one of the following: (a) a copy of a completed CDC COVID Vaccination Record Card; (b) proof of initial dose; or (c) documentation supporting an approved exemption request.
- 4-year degree with major coursework in Finance preferred; or combination of education and commensurate work experience required.
- Trade Training preferred; 5 years of related work experience in pricing, financial, profitability analysis or economics, preferably in a professional services environment; knowledge of legal statistical modeling and pricing tools required.
- Robust analytical skills and ability to utilize computer systems and related tools, including Iridium, Elite 3E, Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated proficiency in all Microsoft office products, specifically Excel and Access.
SQL proficiency preferred.
- Familiarity with data warehouse extraction and budget platforms.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Employees are entitled to compensation commensurate with skill and experience. The full time base annual salary for this position in the Denver, CO market is expected to range between $71,000 – $105,000. Salaries in other markets will vary depending on market data. Bonus opportunities are non-guaranteed, and are dependent upon individual and firm performance. Full time employees receive benefits including: medical and dental coverage; life insurance; short-term and long-term disability insurance; pre-tax flexible spending account for certain medical and dependent care expenses; an employee assistance program; Paid Time Off; paid holidays; participation in a retirement plan program after meeting eligibility requirements; and more.
Please include a cover letter and resume when applying.
EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Vet. Principal Applicants Only.