Legal Operations Manager
Purpose of the Legal Operations Manager is to deliver and oversee a superior model for Heineken Legal Affairs by creating and managing organizational and operational processes to further improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the team. Focus is on incorporating the right technological tools to drive efficiencies in managing risks and monitoring compliance, and deliver value to the legal team through strategic planning, financial management, project management, and technology portfolio investment expertise. The Legal Operations Manager anticipates and plans for challenges before they arrive. The Legal Operations Manager will be part of Team Innovation.
As Legal Operations Manager you are responsible for:
- Process improvement: Identifying opportunities to improve processes and efficiencies in the legal team’s organizational structure, systems and technologies.
- Legal Information Technology: Stay abreast of latest legal technology developments. Assess, implement and drive capabilities of solutions relevant to areas such as contract management, content management, IP management, policy management, business process management, e-signature, compliance management and subsidiary management. Develop, maintain and enhance department’s intranet page, Legal Portal and other platforms to increase utilization and maximize value.
- Project management: Define roles, responsibilities, accountabilities, and timelines for project tasks. Coordinating the activities of cross-functional teams to ensure alignment and successful execution. Prepare presentations, reports, decks, analyses and other materials requested by department leadership.
- Reporting & Analytics: Develop and implement appropriate metrics and benchmarking through data analytics to measure the legal team’s performance both within and outside the department.
- Budget & Vendor management: Manage departmental budget / external spend, including the planning cycle within the company timeline. Oversee and manage cost effective litigation support.
In order to be successful in this opportunity we expect you to have:
- Education: Bachelor level / University level, Work experience: 10 + years
- Required work experience in field of expertise is 8 + years of relevant, broad based legal operations experience gained in an in-house legal department (ideally at a SaaS company) or leading law firm. Excellent IT skills are a requirement: Highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio), Adobe Acrobat, and other next generation project management solutions.
- Excellent communication skills. Fluent in English
- A positive “can do” attitude, strong financial acumen and drive for change
- Primarily a team player but able to work under own initiative
HEINEKEN is a proud, independent global brewer committed to surprise and excite consumers with its brands and products everywhere. The brand that bears the founder’s family name – Heineken® – is available in almost every country on the globe and is the world’s most valuable international premium beer brand. The Company’s aim is to be a leading brewer in each of the markets in which it operates and to have the world’s most valuable brand portfolio. HEINEKEN wants to win in all markets with Heineken® and with a full brand portfolio in markets of choice.
The Company is present in over 70 countries and operates more than 165 breweries. HEINEKEN is Europe’s largest brewer and the world’s second largest by volume. HEINEKEN is committed to the responsible marketing and consumption of its more than 250 international premium, regional, local and specialty beers and ciders. The number of people employed is over 85,000.
For additional information about this job opening or the application process, please contact Naomi Hopmans, Talent Acquisition Lead at firstname.lastname@example.org and Sabine van Woerden, Lead Counsel Innovation Global Legal Affairs at email@example.com
We are looking forward to receiving your application.