HBR Consulting LLC (HBR) is seeking a Legal Operations Technology Manager for the Firm. Specifically, this individual works in conjunction with senior service line leadership and the Legal Technology Practice Group Leader and whose role will be to advise on project methodology, bring industry experience/insight and manage overall quality of client service and project deliverables.
The candidate for this position will be required to, but not limited to:
- The candidate for this position will be required to, but not limited to:
- Lead project management activities such as managing to project scope, managing project budgets, forecasting resourcing, and status reporting both for clients and to internal service line leadership.
- Be directly involved in process mapping, data analysis, drafting of project deliverables.
- Manage a variety of project types while also building expertise in a particular area of focus in our Legal Technology Consulting practice group, as dictated either by skill or industry need.
- Helping to support continual practice improvement by enhancing methodologies, practice aids, project delivery approaches and tools.
- Promote business through writing, research and maintaining other publicly facing material, such as marketing collateral.
- Participate in business development, such as drafting proposals, participating in related sales meetings, and assisting practice leadership with follow through as needed.
- Cultivate and develop business expansion opportunities through nurturing of key client relationships.
- 7+ years of experience working in or with corporate functions/departments such as Legal, Finance, Procurement or Sales Operations (this may be either in a consulting or in-house capacity).
- Two or more years of experience delivering projects, including overseeing other resources to the completion of their tasks.
- Demonstrate knowledge about, and experience in, at least two or more of the following areas of focus:
- IT implementation methodologies, including agile and iterative
- Legal management software and/or workflow software experience (e.g., matter management, spend management, contract management)
- Able to elicit requirements from requirements owners and recommend improvements to processes (client interview skills are a plus)
- Manage a project plan using MS Project
- Understand use cases for document management or content management solutions
- Experience designing integrations with and migrating legacy data strategies into legal management software platforms.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret legal metrics, data and reports
- Ability to distill information into consulting reports that are well organized, clear and comprehensive.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries from current and potential clients.
- Possess excellent client-facing communication skills (written and spoken).
- Ability to manage projects to; scope, deadlines and budget (by resource and holistically).
- Supervise resources on project deliverables.
- Advanced Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Email.
- IT Project management.
- PMP a plus.
HBR Consulting LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, national origin, ancestry, age, parental status, disabled status, veteran status, or any other legally protected classification, in accordance with applicable law.
About HBR Consulting
With core capabilities in advisory, managed services and software solutions, HBR is a trusted advisor to leading law firms, law departments and corporations.
Come join our rapidly growing team of over 700 legal professionals as we seek to meet the increasing demand for legal technology expertise across the legal ecosystem. HBR has served 89 of the Am Law 100 law firms and 60 of the Fortune 100 corporate law departments and worked with over 400 clients in 2020 alone. With over 35 years of legal industry experience, HBR is the largest, most comprehensive strategy, operations, and technology consulting firm for the legal industry. We’re looking for the next HBRockstar to join us as we continue our mission to accelerate the transformation of the business of law.