HBR Consulting is seeking a manager for its Advisory Consulting Practice. Specifically, we are seeking a dynamic, team-oriented individual to assist our corporate legal department and law firm clients in identifying ways to improve strategy and operations and become more optimized legal functions through enhanced allocation of resources, streamlined processes, and improved use and adoption of technology.
This Manager role will help lead client engagements and maintain day-to-day client interactions, delivering high quality client deliverables, project management, budget management and supervising and developing junior staff.
- Work with client personnel to structure a mutually agreed upon project plan
- Serve as the day-to-day manager on engagements, including developing team members
- Lead the data gathering process including analyzing client reports, conducting various interviews and focus groups, and developing and distributing surveys
- Work closely with team members and client personnel to review findings and help support implementation of recommendations
- Lead the client invoicing process including reviewing and approving all time entries and invoices
- Supports practice leadership in business development activities
- Support internal practice initiatives such as developing new revenue channels, other internal practice initiatives, proposals, recruiting, and external marketing efforts and thought leadership
- Demonstrate industry/practice expertise and consulting capabilities
- Implement proven solutions for recognized problems
- Understand and speak to the capabilities of HBR including key products and service offerings across other Advisory service lines
- BA, BBA or BS in Business, Economics, Accounting or Finance preferred
- 5-7 years’ experience in a combination of the following:
- Big 4 or similar consulting experience (strongly preferred)
- Law department or law firm operations
- Outside counsel management
- Benchmarking, data and financial analysis
- Legal resource optimization
- Management experience in a team-oriented workplace preferred
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop staff members.
- Travel is required domestically approximately up to 50%.
- Advanced skills and expertise across the Microsoft Suite of Products including Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint. These tools will be essential to the support the identification and implementation of opportunities to support our clients.
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to manage several clients and projects, delegating where appropriate
- Highly developed organizational skills and ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks in accordance with a timeline
- Highly developed attention to detail
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills including ability to define problems, collect information, establish facts, and draw valid conclusion
- Ability to work collaboratively and to build relationships
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching and development
- Intellectual curiosity and willingness to take feedback
HBR Consulting LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, national origin, ancestry, age, parental status, disabled status, veteran status, or any other legally protected classification, in accordance with applicable law.
About HBR Consulting
With core capabilities in advisory, managed services and software solutions, HBR is a trusted advisor to leading law firms, law departments and corporations.
Come join our rapidly growing team of over 700 legal professionals as we seek to meet the increasing demand for legal technology expertise across the legal ecosystem. HBR has served 89 of the Am Law 100 law firms and 60 of the Fortune 100 corporate law departments and worked with over 400 clients in 2020 alone. With over 35 years of legal industry experience, HBR is the largest, most comprehensive strategy, operations, and technology consulting firm for the legal industry. We’re looking for the next HBRockstar to join us as we continue our mission to accelerate the transformation of the business of law.