Fredrikson & Byron, a leading Midwest law firm, has a new and exciting position available for a professional who is passionate about driving innovation in legal service delivery through people, process, and technology.
This role is dedicated to supporting the Business Division’s strategic objectives, with a focus on process improvement, practice management, legal project management, knowledge management, and technology. The Practice Manager will be embedded within the Business Division, reporting to the Business Division Chair, and will be focusing primarily on supporting the Mergers & Acquisitions and Corporate & Securities Departments, expanding to other departments within the Business Division as appropriate. Key responsibilities include:
• Identifying client and practice needs, pain points and challenges that could be addressed with process improvement, practice management, legal project management, knowledge management, and technology. Leading efforts to streamline deal workflow management and data tracking. Developing an expertise in Corporate & Securities and M&A-based process improvement and project management, and coordinating and leading efforts within the M&A and Corporate & Securities departments to implement overall process improvement and project management initiatives.
• Supporting M&A and Corporate & Securities Department Chairs in leading their groups, including preparation and execution of Department Business Plans, coordinating department meetings and retreats, and supporting workflow management.
• Developing, maintaining and training on department forms, templates, checklists and precedent documents as well as information on practice trends and updates. Supporting the firm’s data strategy, including tracking deal data, monitoring usage of practice content and resources, and capturing experience data.
• Coordinating with deal teams on appropriate project planning, utilizing available project management tools. Developing and maintaining best practices on project management. Coordinating on implementation and customization for specific deal and client teams.
• Developing an expertise in, and driving adoption of, technology tools, including document assembly, matter management, and AI-enabled due diligence tools. Monitoring developments in legal technology applicable to the Corporate & Securities and M&A departments. Assisting with the evaluation and selection of new technologies and practice workflows, working closely with IT and Practice Management throughout the process.
• Bachelor’s degree and law firm or legal industry experience required; Corporate/M&A paralegal or attorney preferred.
• Expertise in standard business software applications such as Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint required; experience with project management tools (Smartsheet, Microsoft Teams), document assembly (Contract Express), DocuSign, Simply Agree and AI-powered due diligence software (Kira, eBrevia, Luminance) a plus.
Applications will only be accepted online at www.fredlaw.com/careers, and applicants will be asked to submit a resume and cover letter. For assistance with the application process, or for accommodations, please contact email@example.com
About Fredrikson & Byron, P.A.
Fredrikson & Byron is a leading Midwest law firm working collaboratively to help businesses achieve their goals regionally, nationally, and globally. With a reputation as the firm “where law and business meet,” our attorneys and staff bring business acumen and entrepreneurial thinking to operate as business advisors, strategic partners, and legal counselors to our clients. The firm’s 300+ attorneys are based in Minneapolis, with offices in Bismarck, Des Moines, Fargo, Mankato, St. Paul, Saltillo, Mexico, and Shanghai, China. Visit www.fredlaw.com for more information.
Fredrikson & Byron, P.A. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.