Legal Operations Manager
Oakland, California, or Denver, CO – United States
Want to have an impact at one of the fastest-growing unicorn companies in the Bay Area? Join the Legal & Privacy team at Fivetran! Fivetran was recently named to the Cloud 100 list as one of the hottest cloud software companies today. We’re looking for a seasoned legal operations and/or paralegal professional who can roll up their sleeves and dive into any and all that comes their way. This role reports directly to the General Counsel and will be a key member of the team, with the potential for huge impact and increasing leadership responsibility across our rapidly-growing global company. The role will begin as an individual contributor and the right candidate will be capable of building out a team over time. This role will be based remotely through the duration of Fivetran’s COVID-related work from home period (currently through July 2021) and then be based out of Fivetran’s Oakland, CA headquarters or Denver, CO office on a more permanent basis.
Who we are:
Data fuels powerful insights. We believe access to data should be as simple and reliable as utilities. We provide data power to companies big and small looking to extract their data from a variety of data sources, to be loaded into warehouses like Snowflake, Databricks, Amazon Redshift and more. Check out our customer stories to see how we help some of the world’s most innovative companies (including Docusign, Strava, and Donors Choose) superpower their data analytics capabilities with Fivetran’s modern data stack. Fivetran reached unicorn status in June 2020 when it raised a $100M Series C led by Andreessen Horowitz and General Catalyst. We power the modern data stack from our Oakland, CA headquarters with a global team grounded in integrity, initiative, and our ethos of “1 Team, 1 Dream.”
What you’ll bring to the table:
A driven and detail-oriented multi-tasker with superb project management skills and a healthy sense of humor.
Key qualities include:
- High attention to detail
- Gravitation towards designing and implementing processes that scale
- A belief and practice that no task is too big or too small
- Self-initiative that drives a desire for impact and achievement
- Comfort with fast-paced environments
- Demonstrated project management skills and ability to run complex, multi-stakeholder projects with minimal supervision
- A pragmatic approach to getting things done
- Experience working with a broad and diverse group of stakeholders and communicating effectively across different groups and individuals of varying seniority levels
- Enthusiasm for wide-ranging topics that are critical for in-house legal departments, including corporate, employment law, privacy law and compliance and commercial contracts
- Demonstrated capacity for relationship-building with new stakeholders within and outside of the legal function
- Someone who wants to take the lead, and be rewarded for doing so
- Experience in a related role in the legal operations and/or paralegal function at or with fast-scaling technology companies
- Experience with contract management (including marking up documents, storing documents, categorizing customer contracts, and working with contract management software systems as that integrate with Salesforce)
- Familiarity with legal software tools and ability to implement new software with an eye towards effective change management
- Preferred: experience with Salesforce
- Preferred: experience managing company capitalization tables in accordance with equity-related tax and securities rules
- Preferred: familiarity with data analytics and a desire to take data-driven approaches to decision-making wherever possible
- Preferred: familiarity with privacy or privacy operations matters within a legal or compliance team.
As a Legal Operations Manager at Fivetran, you will:
You will bring your experience and insights to this role, and the day to day responsibilities will be tailored to your strengths of the candidate. Key projects will be to:
- Implement new software tools that integrate with Salesforce to enhance the efficiency of the Legal & Privacy team and help scale Fivetran to global proportions
- Take day to day lead on contracts management processes, working closely with Fivetran’s Revenue Operations and Deal Desk teams to ensure an organized contract lifecycle process and up to date processes and policies across our sales teams
- Help templatize recurring agreements and ensure they are executed in accordance with Fivetran’s contract policies
- Assist with the management of procurement processes and vendor review
- If experienced, manage Fivetran’s capitalization table as lead Equity Administrator, under the advisement of corporate counsel
- Work with Fivetran’s Security & IT team on records retention policies, software implementation, software vendor tracking and more
- Assist with preparing board materials and board books in advance of meetings of Fivetran’s Board of Directors and their committees (including compensation and privacy compliance committees), which may include compiling corporate governance resolutions and drafting and reviewing slide decks and other materials
- Take lead on company-wide communications regarding legal department policies and processes, helping communicate up to date information to our global employee base
- Assist with billing matters and helping manage outside counsel and other external provider spend
- Other special projects, which may include: maintaining up to date trackers for intellectual property registrations, implementing new HR policies and soliciting signatures from our employee base on the same, assisting with security and/or privacy audit tracking, drafting internal communications, editing and reviewing compliance-related trainings, conducting file-management, and more
Perks of working with us:
100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance
401k match program
Pet Insurance — and yes, you can bring your well-behaved fur babies to work
Commuter Benefits to help with transit and parking costs
Professional development and training opportunities
Company happy hours and fun team building activities
Shaped by the real-world needs of data analysts, Fivetran technology is the smartest, fastest way to replicate your applications, databases, events and files into a high-performance cloud warehouse. Fivetran connectors deploy in minutes, require zero maintenance, and automatically adjust to source changes — so your data team can stop worrying about engineering and focus on driving insights. To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.
From our founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to remove the engineering burden from data teams by standardizing and fully automating data connectors. With Fivetran, your data just arrives in your warehouse, canonical and ready to query, no engineering or maintenance required. As we watch more and more companies leverage our technology to become truly data-driven, we’re proud not only of our growth but also of the fact that we’ve grown without compromising our core values.
We do the right thing, even when it's harder in the short run. We challenge the status quo by reasoning from first principles.
Fivetran belongs to all of us. We take ownership and are accountable for getting things done. Through curiosity, learning, and coaching, we grow as individuals and teams.
One team, one dream.
We share the pains and successes of our customers, partners and colleagues. We seek, gather, and trust a diverse group of teammates with different perspectives to guide Fivetran's progress.
If these values resonate with you, we’d love to hear from you.