Fenwick is seeking a Senior Litigation Project Manager who will lead complex projects to ensure process control, create effective models, and manage the quality and timely delivery of project deliverables to both internal and external clients. In addition, the Senior Litigation Project Manager will work with practice management, knowledge management and other departments to define, enhance, and integrate project management standards, processes, methodologies, and tools to improve efficiency and achieve project goals. This position can be based in any of our offices with Bay Area (CA) offices being preferred.
- Lead and communicate the process and responsibilities of large and complex projects and litigations; drive and enforce standardization of project activities and deliverables.
- Guide and support partners and lead associates in defining matter scope and project approach, determining staffing and managing workstreams, and tracking and managing changes.
- Capture legal requirements and explicit and implicit client requirements/preferences and design project approach accordingly; enforce process and project protocol.
- Plan and organize streamlined and cost-effective support model, and engage and direct paralegals, litigation support, and other staff on project activities.
- Propose solutions to manage expectations and manage scope throughout project delivery and enforce solutions and project decisions.
- Prepare internal team and client status reports and provide timely updates to client team partners on potential issues identified; follow up with stakeholders to ensure potential issues are addressed.
- Lead on matter review process for key matters and establish practice area best practices through discussions with partners and review of lessons learned; evangelize and apply best practices to future projects and support refinement.
- Identify future needs/opportunities for new service delivery and lead analysis and design workshops; work with senior attorney team members on implementing new ways of working and organizing projects on client teams.
- Promote, manage, and deliver the continuous improvement of project activities and delivery.
- Establish and maintain repository of project forms and templates and enforce use as appropriate on applicable matters.
- Monitor and report on costs and fees on an ongoing basis on all large projects in process and assist with budget revisions, tracking and guidance.
- Proactively drive any necessary communications with client and/or project team regarding budget adjustments.
- Support creation and maintenance of budgeting procedures for select clients.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to lead complex litigations and departmental projects, manage a diverse set of stakeholders and cross-functional teams, and manage multiple/competing deadlines.
- Strong ability to engage directly with leadership on strategy and be able to pivot to granular detail within working teams.
- Ability to effectively convey solutions to teams and related support personnel, explaining results within a legal project management framework and achieving buy-in from matter teams.
- Ability to integrate and synthesize information from multiple teams and workstreams in order to analyze complex issues, mitigate risk, and solve problems.
- Excellent organizational, time management and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrate sharp attention to detail in executing and reviewing work products to ensure the highest quality deliverables in the allotted timeframe.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters with discretion.
- Possess highly developed organization, writing, analytical, presentation and communication skills.
- Knowledge of extranets or other collaborative project management tools, Visio, Excel, and financial systems and reports.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in compiling executive summaries and status reports for consumption by attorneys and clients.
Reporting to the Practice Management Director, the qualified candidate will have 5+ years of program/project management in professional services industries. Experience working on legal, compliance, privacy and/or related projects. Bachelor’s degree required; preferably in Business, Management or related field. JD or MBA a plus.
To be fully considered for this position, please apply directly online: http://www.fenwick.com/pages/Careers-Professional-Staff.aspx
About Fenwick & West LLP
Fenwick & West is a top-tier law firm with an open and inclusive culture. With more than 300 attorneys and 400 employees in the Silicon Valley, San Francisco, Santa Monica, Seattle and New York, we work with companies on the cutting edge of technology, life sciences and cleantech. For more than four decades, our Firm has helped some of the world's most recognized companies become and remain market leaders. We are proud to have been named one of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area for the twelfth year.