The Fastly Law Team is looking for a senior legal operations professional to build a legal operations function from the ground up in a fast-paced, high-growth environment. The ideal candidate will have the knowledge and experience to optimize existing systems and build new processes to empower the Fastly’s Law Team to use their time for its highest and best use. This is a rare opportunity to have a foundational impact at a rapidly scaling company. This position will be based remotely with the option to work out of a Fastly office when we re-open our offices, and will report to our Vice President & Deputy General Counsel, who is in San Francisco.
What You’ll Do
- Identify, evaluate and execute on operational improvement opportunities across Law Team functions to scale systems in collaboration with our partners
- Evaluate current team processes and identify, design and implement strategic operational solutions (both large and small) to eliminate inefficiency and the toil of high-volume, manual tasks
- Seek out, collect and synthesize data for informed and strategic decision-making and regular reporting against Law Team metrics
- Re-invent knowledge management for the team to optimize our playbooks, records, templates and Wikis, and maintain them going forward
- Maintain legal technology tools, including billing platforms with outside law firms and e-discovery, and take the lead on deploying newer and better technology
- Implement new contract management systems tools integrated with Salesforce and Coupa
- Train the Law Team and its partners effectively on changing workstreams and new systems and processes
- Manage the team’s budget to accurately forecast needs and spending, assist team members to manage expenses responsibility, and identify strategic opportunities for investment
- Lead on special projects supporting the Law Team’s intellectual property portfolio, corporate policy management, data security and privacy initiatives, record retention and many more.
What We’re Looking For
- 4+ years of legal operations experience with an additional 4+ years of in-house experience legal or finance functions, especially at high-growth tech companies
- Proven ability to build, re-design and implement long-term, scalable legal operational programs and processes
- Robust experience in implementing and using legal technology solutions
- Demonstrated skills presenting data in a creative, thoughtful and effective manner to drive better decisions
- A collegial self-starter who makes independent progress on complex projects and exercises excellent judgment in raising issues and when collaborating
- Meticulous attention to detail
- A keen focus on scale, end-to-end automation and liberating others from toil
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities and to successfully manage multiple projects to completion across many different lines of communications
- A pragmatic and practical approach to problem solving and getting things done
- Experience with Salesforce.com and contract lifecycle management systems is required
- A penchant for discretion
- BA/BS from respected institution, JD preferred
About Fastly, Inc.
Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastly’s edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, and reliably by processing, serving, and securing our customers’ applications as close to their end-users as possible — at the edge of the Internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, and to support agile software development. Fastly’s customers include many of the world’s most prominent companies, including Vimeo, Pinterest, The New York Times, and GitHub.