We’re a full service in-house legal, corporate governance and compliance function, with lawyers in London, Porto, Shanghai, Moscow and New York. We provide solutions to challenging business matters and leadership and advice on strategic projects. We are a valued and integrated partner to global teams, in all business areas.
We are looking to scale our Legal, Ethics & Compliance (LEC) team in a sustainable and efficient way. We’re looking for a Head of Legal Operations to drive change, build a framework and set up the strategy & streamline processes. Someone who is excited by the FARFETCH mission and culture, and passionate about technology. We are looking for someone who can establish and build a legal operations function to support our growing team of nearly 40 in seven jurisdictions.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Identify opportunities to optimise processes for the LEC team and for the wider team around Legal, Ethics and Compliance processes & contribute to the strategic planning for the team.
- Build scalable processes to prepare the LEC team for continued growth.
- Establish processes to report on key operational and substantive metrics for the LEC team leadership that will better inform decision-making
- Determine root causes for bottlenecks in our internal legal processes and recommend and implement solutions and proactively search for new opportunities to improve our legal service to other parts of the business
- Optimise workflows within the team and in its interactions with other teams within the wider business
- Identify and implement tools (including technology solutions) to streamline new or existing practices, as well as manage design, rollout, and training for new systems
- Leading and execute (end to end) complex change projects;
- Develop and monitor processes to analyse and report on efficiencies and utilisation in the LEC team
- Develop and monitor processes to analyse, report and manage outside counsel usage and spend & assist with budget matters
WHO YOU ARE:
- You will have strong experience of operations within the professional services (finance or legal) ideally in an e-commerce or other technology environment.
- You do not need a legal background, although experience within the legal sector would be an advantage.
- You have strong stakeholder management experience at all levels and functions, articulate, and able to negotiate.
- You thrive in operational efficiency and you are able to manage multiple projects at one time.
- You display initiative, solutions focused with attention to detail.
- You love tech and tools, and love exploring how they can contribute to efficiency and customer experience.
- You have an ambitious mindset and are willing to embrace new opportunities, encouraging of others and a strong team player.
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. We believe in empowering individuality. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.