eHealth seeks an experienced Sr. Manager, Legal Operations to join our growing legal team. This is a key role for our legal team and our business, working closely with all members of the legal team, and will require building strong relationships with our internal business stakeholders at all levels, and our external vendors and partners.
The right candidate will be a proactive, collaborative, business-minded, and creative team player who is looking for a great opportunity to make a high impact contribution. As our Legal Operations Manager, you will be key in accelerating our business growth and our legal team’s effectiveness by building practices, policies and tools for scale.
- Help develop the legal department’s mission, translate strategic plans into legal team goals and priorities, and develop and execute on the department’s short and long-term operations plan
- Develop and report on key operational and substantive metrics for the legal department, that will better inform decision-making
- Design and manage processes to positively impact the Legal team’s productivity and effectiveness (including contracts, corporate, litigation/document hold and discovery, IP, and knowledge management)
- Work proactively with Finance, Planning & Analysis on Legal budget, accruals and forecasting
- Develop and enforce processes and policies to manage outside counsel usage and spend
- Identify and implement legal department tools to streamline new or existing practices, as well as manage design, rollout, and training for new systems.
- Develop and implement a learning and development and communications strategy for the team
- Manage all vendor relationships with legal services and technology solutions providers
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- B.A. or B.S. degree
- 8-12 years of relevant legal operations or program/project management experience
- Prior experience selecting and implementing eBilling software, matter management, legal hold, contract management, and other legal tools and software
- Demonstrated experience developing metrics, reporting, and managing data and budgets for legal teams
- Proven track record with developing action and communication plans, and successful change management for legal teams
- Proven track record of collaborating with cross-functional groups (e.g., Finance, IT, InfoSec, HR) to set objectives and produce meaningful results
- Advanced knowledge of Excel; proficient I Microsoft Office suite, G-suite, and Jira/Confluence
Master’s degree in Business, Finance, IT or Management
Prior experience in in-house legal departments at a technology company
Desired Skills and Competencies:
- Strong leadership skills, with a genuine desire to help, grow and scale the entire team.
- A creative and curious thinker, who is comfortable with ambiguity and change, seeks input and best practices from others, and collaborates cross-functionally to solve problems.
- Exceptional communication skills, and ability to establish and maintain trust and relationships.
- Exceptional program/project management skills, and passion for building and implementing scalable and efficient processes and systems, both from the ground up and with a view to continuous improvement.
- Outstanding analytical, data, and financial skills.
- Strong work ethic, with ability to effectively prioritize and proactively manage multiple matters. Self-sufficient while keeping stakeholders appropriately informed and escalating as appropriate.
- Great judgement and problem-solving skills, quickly identifying and resolving issues, while balancing various concerns, in order to drive matters to close.
- Pays meticulous attention to detail and produces high quality work product.
- Unquestionable ethics and integrity; handles confidential and sensitive information with professionalism.
- Demonstrates grace and a positive attitude even in challenging situations.
Through our leading technology, far-reaching partnerships, consumer advocacy and industry expertise, we work tirelessly to be the online standard for finding, comparing and buying individual, family, small business and Medicare health insurance. Our customer care specialists and licensed agents are available to provide personalized assistance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week over the internet, telephone, email, fax or online chat.
When private insurance is not an option, we can connect people to public assistance programs to help them find the care they need. Anyone in need of access to health coverage has an ally in eHealth.