This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S.! Davis Wright Tremaine is looking for a Legal Project Manager to join our team in Seattle.
This position will work directly with the Client Experience Manager, project teams, and various attorney matter owners to create and implement project management frameworks for efficiently fulfilling requests for substantive legal support. The firm strives to provide differentiated client service and capitalize on opportunities to strengthen and expand relationships. The Legal Project Manager shall also act as a liaison between staff departments and client leadership.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice and the support is unparalleled.
On a typical day you will be responsible for:
Service Delivery: The Client Experience Team augments the traditional legal services provided to clients through proactive communication, actionable reporting, and strategic client satisfaction initiatives. The Legal Project Manager assists in driving these initiatives together with client leadership. The Legal Project Manager is expected to:
- Work with lawyers and staff on high-volume matters to meet service expectations and address specific problems or opportunities to enable the firm to provide excellent, differentiated service
- Work with lawyers and staff to deliver service more efficiently, effectively, and profitably, including evaluating and developing new business process opportunities using technology, process improvement, legal project management, and alternative staffing
- Develop and implement project management frameworks in support of monitoring matter budgets and project volumes to empower matter owners to improve matter sustainability and enable firm leadership to track progress against and adherence to stated scopes of work
- Identify key opportunities for knowledge management improvements, such as creation of templates, by understanding business context, client demands, and lawyer workflow
- Collaborate with client program team members to analyze and visualize data (using tools such as Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, and Microsoft Excel) to give matter owners operational insight into financial and matter data
Project Management: The Client Experience Team is responsible for managing numerous requests that affect the firm’s legal teams, the client’s legal operations team, and corresponding success metrics, requiring deft management of time and resources. The Legal Project Manager is expected to manage their own tasks and to:
- Track and report on implementation plans and deliverables in support of client leadership
- Drive projects forward with De Novo, Information Technology, Finance, and other firm departments to create solutions that address client needs and maximize program capacity
- Be willing and able to quickly and independently learn new technology tools (such as document automation) to create efficiencies and add value to the client team
Client Communication: Understanding how and when to communicate with our clients can help build trust and strengthen the relationship. The Legal Project Manager will assist in developing formal and informal lines of communication to ensure the firm has a deep connection with our clients. The Legal Project Manager is expected to:
- Build direct relationships with the client and their legal operations team
- Support the collection of client feedback, share feedback with client team, act on feedback received, and track progress towards client satisfaction
- Work with lawyers and staff to ensure service level agreements, ad hoc project milestones, reporting requirements, and other client expectations are met
- Assist with tracking compliance with outside counsel guidelines related to time keeping, rate-setting, billing, conflicts, etc.
Join us if you have:
- 4+ years’ experience in a law firm/in-house counsel environment or similar professional services industry
- Bachelor’s degree required; emphasis in Business Administration or other technical discipline
- LPM, PMP, Lean, Lean Six Sigma, or similar certification preferred, or the ability to demonstrate comparable experience and training in project management and process improvement
- Demonstrated understanding of alternative fee arrangements in the service industry (understanding of law firm pricing models and economics a plus)
- Demonstrated understanding of the business of law, including finance, sales and marketing, staffing models, technology, and industry trends a plus
- Demonstrated ability to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously with high attention to detail and minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team-oriented, service focused environment and successfully navigate stressful situations in a calm, composed manner
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with and guide decision-makers on strategic decisions
- Strong problem solving skills, with a focus on how we can provide a solution and not the reasons we cannot
- Strong communication skills in English, both verbal and written, with all levels of a professional services organization, including interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, and OneNote
- Experience with HighQ, Azure DevOps, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Power BI, and Tableau preferred
- Availability and willingness to work overtime as needed or requested
- Located in Seattle, WA
Who We Are
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with eight offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each client’s and each lawyer’s work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
What’s in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to feel and reach with hands and arms and frequently required to sit, stand, walk and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP embraces diversity and inclusion. It brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities. We are committed to promoting a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.