This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S.! Davis Wright Tremaine is looking for an experienced Full Stack Tools Developer to join our team in Seattle.
This position will work with the Client Experience Manager, project teams, and Information Technology for the firm’s largest clients to introduce and iterate on new technology applications, help the firm provide differentiated service, and capitalize on opportunities to strengthen and expand client relationships. The Full Stack Tools Developer shall act as a subject matter expert in technology applications and be familiar with desired client service outcomes to recommend use of specific tools.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice and the support is unparalleled.
On a typical day you will be responsible for:
Service Delivery: The Client Experience Team augments the traditional legal services provided to clients through proactive communication, actionable reporting, and strategic client satisfaction initiatives. The Full Stack Tools Developer contributes to these initiatives together with client leadership. The Full Stack Tools Developer is expected to:
- Work closely with Client Experience team members, attorneys, software engineers, and business stakeholders to architect and develop the best technical designs and solutions possible, under time and budget constraints, to iterate quickly, build our portfolio of technology offerings, and enable the firm to provide excellent, differentiated service
- Identify new and emerging technologies in a fast-changing legal technology landscape and quickly determine their potential value to the organization via rapid application prototyping
- Work with legal platform API’s (HighQ, Microsoft Azure DevOps, Microsoft Power BI, etc.) to connect and collect data from disparate sources to enable local analysis
- Create customized widgets for legal platforms (HighQ, Microsoft Azure DevOps, etc.)
- Pivot research and development prototypes into production offerings for one or more clients
- Be comfortable working with and assisting non-technical users in a fast-paced environment
- Exhibit exemplary empathy for customers interacting with new, unfamiliar technology and iterate quickly upon their feedback
Project Management: The Client Experience Team is responsible for managing numerous requests that affect the firm’s legal teams, the client’s legal operations team, and corresponding success metrics, requiring deft management of time and resources. The Full Stack Tools Developer is expected to manage their own tasks and to:
- Contribute to and monitor the success of multiple, simultaneous platform projects and initiatives
- Collaborate with Client Experience team members to utilize project management frameworks for the projects they support, that enable firm leadership to track progress against and adherence to the stated scope of work and goals
- Drive projects forward with De Novo, IT, Finance, and other firm departments to create solutions that address client needs and maximize program capacity
Join us if you have:
- Experience with, or a strong interest in AI, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision, and other cognitive technology services
- Experience with Microsoft Azure, AWS, or other cloud based software architectures
- Experience with the following technologies:
- .NET Languages (C#, LINQ (lambda))
- Platforms: ASPNETCORE MVC/WEB API/Razor Pages, SQL Server (Entity Framework, EFCore, & Dapper), Vue.js
- Enterprise Grade Messaging Frameworks MSMQ, etc.
- HTTP Services
- SSO Providers (Azure Active Directory)
- HTML5 and CSS3 (Bootstrap)
- Experience with Git, GitFlow in an Agile development environment
- Experience working with and respecting security controls as they pertain to the handling, transmission, and storage of sensitive data (e.g. Matter Data, PHI, etc.)
- Experience working in an ISO 27001 certified environment is a plus
- Experience as a web developer or with web UI frameworks (e.g. Bootstrap) is a plus
- Experience with Agile and Scrum development methodologies is a plus
- Ability to deliver clean, well-documented code that conforms to accepted standards defined by the development team
- 5+ years’ experience in application development required
- Bachelor’s degree required, emphasis in Computer Science or other related technical discipline, or demonstrable, equivalent experience
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously with high attention to detail and minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team-oriented, service focused environment and handle stressful situations in a calm, composed manner
- Strong problem solving skills, with a focus on how we can provide a solution and not the reasons we cannot
- Strong communication skills in English, both verbal and written, with all levels of a professional services organization, including interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly and independently
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and OneNote
- Experience with HighQ, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Azure DevOps, Microsoft Power BI, and Tableau preferred
- Located in Seattle, WA
Who We Are
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with eight offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each client’s and each lawyer’s work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
What’s in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to feel and reach with hands and arms and frequently required to sit, stand, walk and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. It brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities. We are committed to promoting a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.