Come help us herd cats! We are growing fast. The business is doing new things, and our teams need sound procurement and contracts guidance integrated into their decision-making processes. We need someone rooted in his/her understanding of the legal operations process who can creatively help address the issues that confront a growing tech company. And yes, we are a tech company – not just a crafting or scrapbook company. Cricut’s legal department is looking for a high-performing Legal Operations Specialist to join our team. In this role, you will assume a wide range of responsibilities, all of which will require critical thinking, innovation, and integrity. We are looking for someone with impeccable attention to detail, high energy, strong project management skills, and a positive attitude. The primary functions of this position center around Contract Management, however, this role will support other areas of Legal Operations including Procurement/Vendor Management, Financial Management, Process Management
· Administrative Tasks
o Monitor contract-related workflows to ensure timely progression
o Import legacy contracts and supporting documentation into company’s document repository and Contract Lifecycle Management systems
o Calendaring of contract renewal dates, auto-renewal notification dates, and other key milestones
o On-boarding/off-boarding users in Contract Lifecycle Management systems
· Contract Management
o Manage Contract Review Requests for many types of contracts and agreements, including NDAs and buy-side (vendors, contractors and services). Escalate requests to the greater Legal department.
o Storing and meta-tagging of contracts and agreements in the company’s document repository and Contract Lifecycle Management systems
o Coordinate contract and document signatures using company’s preferred electronic signature software
o Reports for contract sponsors, upon request; generate monthly tracking reports
o Provide fly-by assistance to cross-functional departments
· Procurement/Vendor Management
o Assist with Vendor Due Diligence, as requested
o Other support as requested
· Financial Management
o Submission of PO requests to assist with spending for the greater Legal Team
o Submission of Invoices for payment
· Other Responsibilities
o Don’t be a jerk. Be competent. Be unquestionably ethical. Have a sense of humor. Have humility. Work hard.
o Identify opportunities to improve processes, share best practices, and improve efficiency within the Legal department’s organizational structure, systems, and technologies.
o Build and maintain strong relationships within the Legal department and with cross-functional departments
Required skills and experience:
· 1-2 years of experience in the area of legal operations or contract management in a corporate environment
· Bachelor’s Degree (or its equivalent) with strong academic record
· Ability to set priorities, be flexible, handle multiple tasks, and to track and follow up on projects
· Detail-oriented, meticulous, and strong organizational skills
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills while working collaboratively in a team environment with all levels of the company
· Ability to work independently with minimum supervision, shift focus, adapt to changing priorities, maintain patience in high pressure situations, and take initiative where appropriate
· Highly proficient in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
· Experience with a Contract Lifecycle Management system preferred (e.g., SAP CLM, Apttus, Conga, or the like)
· Experience with electronic signature software preferred (e.g., DocuSign, EchoSign)
· Positive attitude and ability to work in a fast-paced, high-output, team oriented, practical environment
· Demonstrates enthusiasm for solving problems and adding value to the company
· Courteous, flexible, highly organized, competent, reliable, proactive and uses independent judgment
· Committed to his or her personal growth and development by actively seeking feedback and responding with action
· Open and honest in communications with all stakeholders – legal and contracts colleagues, management, customers, and others
· Must manage highly confidential information with professionalism and unquestionable integrity
· A good sense of humor and willingness to assist others no matter how small the task
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Candidates must pass a background check and reference check.
About Cricut, Inc.
At Cricut®, we believe that we’re all born makers. When we built our first cutting machine, we saw the potential for a simple yet powerful tool to completely transform the way people craft, design, and DIY. Since then, we continue to innovate with new machines, platforms, materials, and tools, but that’s just what we do. Who we are is a bustling worldwide community, a means for connection, and an outlet for unbridled creativity. Join us as we place the power of handmade into the hands of ALL.
Love your work. And your coworkers.
Our company is made up of A+ human beings. We ask tough questions, entertain ideas outside of our own, and work together to make something bigger than ourselves. With Cricut® growing in China, the U.K., Australia, New Zealand, as well as Europe and South America, we’re on an unstoppable roll, satisfying that innate creative itch around the world. We train, develop, and celebrate great work with hallway high fives and promotions within. We also throw the world’s best Halloween party.
Enjoy incredible perks.
We take care of our team. From outstanding medical, dental, vision, and retirement benefits, to pet insurance, 401K match, life insurance, incentive programs, paid time off, on-site massages, phenomenal work-life balance, and employee discounts, we offer the best benefits package in the DIY consumer electronics industry. Period.
Like what you see? We can’t wait to meet you.