Come help us herd cats! We are growing fast. The business is doing new things, and our teams need sound procurement and contracts guidance integrated into their decision-making processes. We need someone rooted in his/her understanding of the legal operations process who can creatively help address the issues that confront a growing tech company. And yes, we are a tech company – not just a crafting or scrapbook company. Cricut’s legal department is looking for a high-performing Legal Operations Manager to join our Legal Operations Team. In this role, you will assume a wide range of responsibilities, all of which will require critical thinking, innovation, and integrity. We are looking for someone with impeccable attention to detail, high energy, strong project management skills, and a positive attitude.
· Vendor Management
o Development of procurement functions
o First tier review of corporate purchase order requests including approval workflow kick-off
o Cradle to grave procurement assistance to Business Partners, including the purchase order request process
o Legal approval of PO requests, as requested
o Provide fly-by assistance to cross-functional departments
· Contract Management
o Follow prescribed Contract Playbook
o First tier review of Procurement Contract Review Requests
o Administration of Contract Lifecycle Management System (CLM)
o Manage Contract Review and Contract Drafting workflows in CLM
o Generate contracts using Gold Standard Templates
o Import legacy contracts and supporting documentation into company’s document repository and CLM Systems
o Coordinate contract and document signatures using company’s preferred electronic signature software
o Storing and meta-tagging of new contracts and agreements in the company’s document repository and Contract Lifecycle Management systems
o Calendaring of contract renewal dates, auto-renewal notification dates, and other key milestones
o Monitoring of key milestones, contractual obligations, material contracts and other key metrics
o Provide guidance to Business Sponsors on contractual requirements/obligations and ensure requirements/obligations are fulfilled
o Monitoring and follow-up on contract auto-renewals and expirations
o Reports for contract sponsors and management, as requested
o Provide fly-by assistance to cross-functional departments
· Legal Operations
o Training new employees on existing processes, as requested
o Training all employees on new processes, as requested
o Project/operations assistance, as needed
· Other Responsibilities
o Don’t be a jerk. Be competent. Be unquestionably ethical. Have a sense of humor. Have humility. Work hard.
o Be able to act as an “interpreter” from legalese to words that normal (but smart) business people understand
o Process complex, significant matters that cut across legal and business functions and be able to render an informed view to the Team in short order
Required skills and experience:
· 3-7 years of experience with Procurement or Contracts Management in a corporate environment
· Bachelor’s Degree (or its equivalent) with strong academic record
· Previous financial and project/operations management experience a plus
· Ability to set priorities, be flexible, handle multiple tasks, and to track and follow up on projects
· Detail-oriented, meticulous, and strong organizational skills
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills while working collaboratively in a team environment with all levels of the company
· Ability to work independently with minimum supervision, shift focus, adapt to changing priorities, maintain patience in high pressure situations, and take initiative where appropriate
· Highly proficient in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
· Experience with a contract management system (e.g., SAP CLM, Apttus, Conga, or the like)
· Experience with electronic signature software (e.g., Docusign, EchoSign)
· Positive attitude and ability to work in a fast-paced, high-output, team oriented, practical environment
· Demonstrates enthusiasm for solving problems and adding value to the company
· Courteous, flexible, highly organized, competent, and reliable and proactive and uses independent judgment
· Committed to his or her personal growth and development by actively seeking feedback and responding with action
· Open and honest in communications with all stakeholders – legal and contracts colleagues, management, customers, and others
· Must manage highly confidential information with professionalism and unquestionable integrity
· A good sense of humor and willingness to assist others no matter how small the task
About Cricut, Inc.
At Cricut®, we believe that we’re all born makers. When we built our first cutting machine, we saw the potential for a simple yet powerful tool to completely transform the way people craft, design, and DIY. Since then, we continue to innovate with new machines, platforms, materials, and tools, but that’s just what we do. Who we are is a bustling worldwide community, a means for connection, and an outlet for unbridled creativity. Join us as we place the power of handmade into the hands of ALL.
Love your work. And your coworkers.
Our company is made up of A+ human beings. We ask tough questions, entertain ideas outside of our own, and work together to make something bigger than ourselves. With Cricut® growing in China, the U.K., Australia, New Zealand, as well as Europe and South America, we’re on an unstoppable roll, satisfying that innate creative itch around the world. We train, develop, and celebrate great work with hallway high fives and promotions within. We also throw the world’s best Halloween party.
Enjoy incredible perks.
We take care of our team. From outstanding medical, dental, vision, and retirement benefits, to pet insurance, 401K match, life insurance, incentive programs, paid time off, on-site massages, phenomenal work-life balance, and employee discounts, we offer the best benefits package in the DIY consumer electronics industry. Period.
Like what you see? We can’t wait to meet you.