Cox Enterprises, Inc. is looking for a talented and collaborative professional to join our Legal Operations team. Reporting to the Director of Legal Operations, the Legal Operations Analyst supports the legal department’s day-to-day business operations; this includes front-line interaction with key department technologies and users, tracking department finances to budget, and driving – and seeking ways to refine – our processes and operations. This position works closely with colleagues within the legal organization, Supply Chain (Procurement), Integrated Business Technologies (IBT), Accounts Payable (A/P), Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), and colleagues across Cox’s business divisions; this position also interacts with outside counsel and other external vendors and service providers.
- Administer and provide front-line support for key legal department systems, including Cox’s enterprise legal matter management, legal service request, and contract lifecycle management systems.
- Collaborate with Legal Operations team members, IBT Project Management, and application vendors on application implementation, testing, upgrades, customizations, configurations, and maintenance for key legal department systems.
- Provide first-level end user technical support of key legal department systems and introductory end-user training.
- Support the department’s expense management efforts, including first-line monthly expense reviews and tracking expenses to budget.
- Collaborate with Legal Operations team and FP&A team members to review and manage department expenses. Where necessary, coordinate the prompt financial reclassification of incorrectly charged expenses discovered in expense reviews.
- Collaborate with other Legal Operations team members and FP&A on monthly, quarterly, and annual financial processes.
- Support the department’s outside counsel management strategy, processes, and tools, sharing related knowledge and procedures across the department.
- Enforce law firm compliance with Outside Counsel Guidelines, in support of overall outside counsel management.
- Produce key performance indicator (KPI) reporting by providing matter- and spend-management data for internal Cox customers within Legal, IBT, A/P, and Finance. Generate, validate, and distribute business intelligence reporting and KPI metrics, both cyclical and ad hoc.
- Document and evaluate department processes, and where appropriate, recommend ways to improve them.
- Other general Legal Operations support, including project management, process management, and supporting other drivers of operational effectiveness for the team and the legal department.
- Minimum 3+ years of related experience in a legal environment, either in-house or at a corporate law firm, or equivalent client support.
- Four year college degree preferred.
- General database or data management experience; experience with legal electronic billing applications (CounselLink preferred) and Oracle payment systems strongly favored.
- Financial experience, including expense management, review of transaction-level detail, and reading expense reports, P&L statements, and similar finance- and budget-related documentation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and able to interact well with colleagues of various seniorities, including senior management.
- Demonstrated expertise with MS Office Suite, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. For Excel specifically, intermediate proficiency or higher to include report writing, pivot table production, and chart formatting.
- Organized and accurate with excellent attention to detail and a results-driven client service orientation.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to work discreetly with confidential and sensitive information and materials.
- Ability to think strategically while also maintaining day-to-day operations, to think critically toward solving problems, and to think commercially about the business impact of processes.
- Demonstrates good judgment, integrity, and an understanding of general business values and ethics, and exercises a professional demeanor.
- Experience with additional legal technologies, such as service request tools, contract lifecycle applications, and document- and knowledge-management systems.
- Experience with reporting applications – e.g., Tableau, IBM Cognos 10.x
- Knowledge of legal billing protocols, systems, and policies. Familiarity with outside counsel relationships to corporate clients.
About Cox Enterprises
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.