Odds are that the email you read this morning travelled over Corning Optical Fiber; the smartphone you used had a Corning cover lens; and the vehicle you took to work had cleaner emissions because of a Corning catalytic substrate.
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Corning’s Law Department helps achieve the company’s business objectives while minimizing its legal risk through clearly defined roles in structured Centers of Excellence (COE), a focus on the substance of the work through optimization of tasks, an inclusive and collaborative culture across the globe, and conscientious behavior to adhere to policies and processes. The Law Operations COE delivers processes and operational support to assist the Law Department in achieving its goals. The Law Operations team is seeking a professional, highly motivated individual to evaluate, implement, and manage programs that advance the Law Operations vision and mission. The Analyst III will lead the reporting and data management for the Law Department, will identify opportunities for improvement, and will help implement those changes.
Analyst III, Law Operations (Data Analytics and Reporting) will partner with internal and external customers to understand requirements for meeting reporting requirements, implement data-driven strategies to control costs, forecast resource and budget needs, monitor internal and external resource performance, and contribute to improvements in playbooks and processes.
Business Intelligence: Manage and guide the Law Department through data, not intuition. Uncover hidden trends, find new efficiencies, and focus the department on clear and measurable outcomes that make a difference to the business.
• Understand the Law Department business objectives that drive the work for different COEs and monitor the performance of Law Operations through creation and interpretation of reports and dashboards
• Assist with further build-out/enhancement of the Law Department’s internal and company-facing portals, including data and analytics dashboards
• Create an intra-department program for continual enhancement of dashboards and operational reporting to support data transparency and more strategic driven activities management throughout the function
• Identify and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics to oversee department performance
• Assist with collection and assessment of benchmarks/metrics/KPIs
• Develop reports and processes to monitor people, processes, and spend throughout the law department
• Present data to finance and accounting departments that explains, categorizes, and justifies law department spend
• Identify opportunities to streamline processes and use the law department budget more efficiently
• Partner with the COEs by sharing data insights and collaborating cross functionally to implement agreed upon improvements
• Identify opportunities to leverage technology solutions to resolve business, law, and finance issues
Minimize the extent the Law department resources are distracted by operational tasks and projects.
• Help translate Law Department goals and priorities into strategic vision
• Ensure cross-functional alignment with other key company functions (e.g. IT, Finance, CSS, GSM)
• Assist with development, implementation and enhancement of department processes
• Document existing policies, procedures and guidelines; develop one-stop shop for online resources and training and formulate education plan around such policies/processes
• Provide support for special projects as requested.
• Develop and enforce processes and policies to manage outside counsel usage and spend
• Monitor trends in Law Operations technology, process, and people; benchmark with other multi-national companies to identify leading practices
• Self-starter, must be organized and able to work independently, manage through ambiguity, strategize, multi-task and prioritize
• High level of professionalism and emotional intelligence
• Demonstrated diligence, organization, attention-to-detail and follow-through skills
• Ambitious and aspires to grow professionally
• Excellent written, communication, research, and presentation skills
• Experience with fiscal and budget management
• Experience with general project management in a technical environment; drafting business cases/ROI analyses
• A demonstrated understanding of how to develop, implement, and enhance processes
• Eager to learn new things and apply knowledge to innovate, improve/simplify processes
• Demonstrated ability to influence and work effectively with global teams at all levels
• Strong business partnering skills
• Experience creating dashboards and reports, and ability to apply insights to inform business decision-making
• Strong ability to explore and analyze datasets, visualize data insights and communicate findings
• Strong analytics technology skills, specifically in Microsoft Excel and Tableau or Power BI
• Technically savvy; early adopter of corporate technology for collaboration and communication
• Change agent with exemplary customer service mindset
• Strong working knowledge of, and hands-on practical experience with, technology tools and applications typically used in Law department settings
• Experience creating and delivering communications/ presentations for the training and development of internal stakeholders
• Demonstrated success collaborating with partners across other divisions, geographies and/or COEs
• Experience navigating the organization to find internal resources and tools
• MBA, or alternatively, 10+ years business experience, is required.
• Deep understanding of big data, analytics and business intelligence.
• Finance, CSS, GSM prior experience is preferred.
• An understanding of Master Data Management / Data Governance.
What sets us apart? Corning’s unwavered commitment to Diversity. Diversity is integral to Corning’s belief in the fundamental dignity of the individual – one of Corning’s seven Values. We are committed to providing an environment where all employees can thrive. This begins with an understanding that our global workforce consists of a rich mixture of diverse people. This diversity will continue to be a source of our strength as well as a competitive advantage.
If you have a passionate belief in the power of innovation to change the world; and if you are up to the challenge of working for a world-class organization that makes real, profitable advanced materials, then visit Corning’s website at www.corning.com
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
About Corning, Inc.
Corning is one of the world's leading innovators in materials science, with a 167-year track record of life-changing inventions. Corning applies its unparalleled expertise in glass science, ceramics science, and optical physics along with its deep manufacturing and engineering capabilities to develop category-defining products that transform industries and enhance people's lives. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in RD&E, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and deep, trust-based relationships with customers who are global leaders in their industries. Corning's capabilities are versatile and synergistic, which allows the company to evolve to meet changing market needs, while also helping our customers capture new opportunities in dynamic industries. Today, Corning's markets include optical communications, mobile consumer electronics, display technology, automotive, and life sciences vessels. Corning's industry-leading products include damage-resistant cover glass for mobile devices; precision glass for advanced displays; optical fiber, wireless technologies, and connectivity solutions for state-of-the-art communications networks; trusted products to accelerate drug discovery and delivery; and clean-air technologies for cars and trucks.