Legal Data Solutions & Discovery Manager
The Legal Chief Data Office (CDO) is responsible for Legal data and knowledge strategy, architecture, governance, and capabilities across the Global Legal department. As the data and knowledge champions for Legal, the CDO will set the direction and approach to implement effective and best-in-class data and knowledge management frameworks, controls and capabilities for Legal-owned data and knowledge assets. As such, the Legal CDO team will be responsible for all aspects of defining and executing strategies for managing, sharing and extracting value from Legal-owned data and knowledge assets.
Within that remit, the Legal CDO is hiring an experienced Data Solutions & Discovery Manager who will be responsible for the enhancement of existing use cases for Legal data, as well as the identification and development of new applications. The Data Solutions Manager will programmatically engage in discovery efforts with data consumers and end-users to identify new opportunities to unlock value for Citi through better use of Legal data, actively collaborate with those stakeholders to define their requirements for data solutions that would meet their needs and, partnering with various technology, implementation and innovation partners, help design and deploy relevant industry best-practice solutions.
The Data Solutions & Discovery Manager’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Actively managing a robust end-user discovery program aimed at both identifying opportunities for ameliorating existing Legal data use cases, as well as identifying new use cases, across the full population of interested stakeholders –both within Legal and amongst our business and operations partners
· Defining an objective methodology for assessing Legal data use cases and solutions, in support of a robust and explainable prioritization approach
· Developing and maintaining the overall Legal Data Solutions roadmap (including timelines, resources required, dependencies, etc.)
· Acting as champion and evangelist to drive adoption of Legal Data Solutions, including proactive communication of the roadmap, direct involvement in end-user change management efforts, etc.
· In collaboration with the Legal Innovation Team, maintaining our knowledge base with regard to what represents industry best-practice for legal data solutions, in turn defining the execution capability horizon for Citi
· Ensuring that all Legal Data Solutions addressing prioritized use cases are deployed consistently with Citi Data Governance standards, support Citi’s data quality objectives, and implement the requisite controls and metrics to ensure consistency alignment with Citi’s defined Data Risk Appetite
· Defining how new and existing Legal data use cases should be governed over time; managing the roadmap for improving execution against use case requirements over time
· Leading appropriate governance forums within Legal, and representing Legal in other (e.g., business-owned) governance forums, to ensure continued success in the delivery of Legal data use cases and continued alignment between these use cases and Citi’s overall data management principles and data quality objectives
· Formulating business cases and helping to secure investments supporting the implementation of capabilities needed to deliver on prioritized use cases
· Ongoing monitoring of solution performance, user adoption, and business value delivered
· 5+ years of Product, User Experience Research or Solution Architecture experience within a complex, preferably within financial institution, with particular focus on technology and data solutions
· Exceptionally strong interpersonal and communication skills; strong user discovery and technology technical skills
· Proven ability to act independently, work quickly and with careful attention to detail, juggle multiple priorities and thrive in a varied, fast-paced environment
· Proven ability to lead across a large, global organization –preferably a financial firm
· Proven ability to work well under pressure and within tight deadlines
· Proven ability to communicate effectively, drive consensus, and influence relationships at all levels
· Strong analytical/problem solving skills; sound judgment and demonstrated leadership skills
· Bachelor’s degree required
Citi is more than a global financial services company. It’s an engine for progress. Join us, and you’ll have the chance to get involved in progress in all its shapes and forms, right across the world. From the micro to the macro, from Australia to Zambia, the work we do has real positive impact. Wherever you are and whatever you do, progress starts here. We’ve built a world famous, trusted brand over 200 years of continuously evolving financial services. And today, our influence continues to grow: with financial operations in 160 countries and 100 currencies. We have 200 million different clients, including some of the biggest names in the industries, sectors, businesses and governments that we serve every day. It all adds up to an exciting place to be for talented, ambitious people who want to build a truly remarkable career.