The Senior Manager, Legal Operations will be a key member of the Legal Operations team responsible for leading legal operations initiatives and support for the Company’s operations in the United States, Europe and other markets outside of APAC. Key areas of responsibility include contract management, knowledge management, and other Legal Operations responsibilities as identified, where this role is expected to lead these efforts. Under the supervision of the Senior Director, Legal Operations, this position will work with other members of the Legal and Compliance team and cross-functionally with business partners to develop and maintain new systems, processes, training, change management, and metrics in support of team and enterprise-wide initiatives. The successful candidate must be solution and detail-oriented, have strong written/oral communication and project management skills, be adept at and willing to learn new technologies, and be able to drive consensus across various functions, and thrive at working on large, complex initiatives that will help us to scale Legal and Compliance and enterprise-wide services.
- Serves as the lead project manager and administrator outside of the APAC region for the Company’s contract management system (CMS), including new development projects (e.g., features, system configurations), and template and clause development and maintenance.
- Works with Legal and Compliance team members as well as cross-functional stakeholders (e.g., IT, procurement, clinical operations, and commercial), identifies opportunities to enhance contracting workflows while simultaneously managing risk.
- Coordinates with Legal Operations team members in the US, EU and APAC to deliver CMS and other Legal and Compliance solutions and change management globally.
- Provides training and customer support on the CMS and other Legal and Compliance solutions, and relevant policies and processes.
- Assists with the import of legacy contracts into BeiGene’s CMS.
- Ensures that contracts are executed properly and in compliance with Company policies and are uploaded in a timely manner to BeiGene’s CMS.
- Delivers reports and metrics regarding contract execution, contract expirations, obligations and deadlines, as tracked in the CMS.
- Develops and maintains forms / processes / self-help tools to support business users.
- Maintains the Legal and Compliance department’s database of presentations and training materials.
- Assists with the development of Knowledge Management tools and resources to support the onboarding and professional development of Legal and Compliance team members.
- Assists with updating and managing content on the Legal and Compliance department’s intranet site.
- Trains new Legal and Compliance team members on department tools, resources and operations; and
- Supports other Legal and Compliance projects, as required.
Legal and Compliance Team Support and Management
- Supports the Senior Director, Legal Operations with Legal and Compliance team budgeting and tracking.
- Assists with the Legal and Compliance department’s operations, including vendor management, key performance metrics, meetings, and presentations.
- Supports individual Legal and Compliance team members as requested to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Supports project management on key initiatives for the Legal and Compliance department, including contract management, document management, knowledge management, information governance, privacy, and other areas as needed; and
- Keeps current on latest legal operations industry trends and developments and identifies opportunities to implement best practices.
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
- Bachelor of Arts / Science required. MBA or law degree or project management certification preferred.
- 7+ years of experience working in legal or business operations, or as a law firm administrator.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Proficiency in the Microsoft suite of tools including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel; as well as project management applications such as Microsoft Project and Visio.
- Experience using Power BI or a comparable business intelligence platform for developing and managing dashboards / metrics.
- Demonstrated experience in managing projects.
- Exceptional organizational, written and oral communication and project management skills.
- Great attention to detail.
- Ability to handle confidential and proprietary information using excellent discretion and judgment.
- Self-motivation and ability to work both independently and as a team player.
- Ability to be flexible and willing to accept new responsibilities in a fast-paced, multi-project environment.
Travel: Up to 10%
Ethics – Treats people with respect; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically in accordance with BeiGene’s Code of Conduct, policies and procedures.
Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Follows instructions and responds to management direction.
Communication – Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed; Shares expertise with others.
Adaptability – Able to adapt to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and development areas; Pursues training and opportunities for growth; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Dependability – Follows instructions and responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
Project Management – Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and within budget.
About BeiGene, LTD.
BeiGene is a global, commercial-stage biotechnology company focused on discovering, developing, manufacturing, and commercializing innovative medicines to improve treatment outcomes and access for patients worldwide. Our 5,400+ employees around the world are committed to expediting the development of a diverse pipeline of novel therapeutics. We currently market two internally discovered oncology medicines: BTK inhibitor BRUKINSA® (zanubrutinib) in the United States and China, and anti-PD-1 antibody tislelizumab in China. We also market or plan to market in China additional oncology products in China licensed from Amgen Inc., Celgene Logistics Sàrl, a Bristol Myers Squibb (BMS) company, and EUSA Pharma; and have entered a collaboration with Novartis Pharma AG for Novartis to develop and commercialize tislelizumab in North America, Europe, and Japan. To learn more about BeiGene, please visit www.beigene.com and follow us on Twitter at @BeiGeneUSA.