Barings’ Director of Legal Operations (“DLO”) is seeking a legal operations analyst in its Charlotte, NC office. The ideal candidate will have an interest in gaining valuable process and legal operations experience while supporting the needs of the legal department. This role will need to adapt and evolve as legal operations continues to build and align with the needs of our legal team. We are looking for a candidate who is flexible and willing to work through some of the day to day, manual tasks, while also demonstrating agility to evolve with new systems and processes. This position will help identify operational improvements and opportunities and provide strategic insights. Ideal candidate has an exemplary customer service mindset, is self-motivated, and enjoys a team-oriented atmosphere.
- Provide support to the DLO in various operational tasks
- Serve as the system administrator for global e-billing system and actively support, monitor and manage global legal invoice data
- Track and maintain law firm data
- Continually evaluate legal invoice process/procedures
- Provide technical support for various software solutions utilized by the legal department
- Monitor and consolidate information relating to projects and programs
- Point of contact for law firms relating to inquiries and conduct necessary research
- Verify accuracy of vendor data in payables database
- Partner closely with DLO to implement systems, run detailed reporting and analyze data
- Maintain summary reports; provides analytical reports upon request; assists the DLO in evaluating such request
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-3 years’ experience hands-on billing experience in a law firm or corporate legal department is ideal
- Experience serving as a system administrator for legal billing software or other legal technology is preferred
- Strong ability to explore and analyze datasets with tools like Excel, visualize data insights and communicate findings
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent attention to detail and problem-solve
- Strong computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Excel and Tableau
- Self-starter, must be organized and able to work independently, have the ability to strategize, multi-task and prioritize.
Barings is a $346+ billion* global financial services firm dedicated to meeting the evolving investment and capital needs of our clients and customers. Through active asset management and direct origination, we provide innovative solutions and access to differentiated opportunities across public and private capital markets. A subsidiary of MassMutual, Barings maintains a strong global presence with business and investment professionals located across North America, Europe and Asia Pacific.
*As of June 30, 2020