Envision providing research and recommendations on legal operations services for a Fortune 200 Company with some of the most iconic brands! Have a degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or Legal with analysis skills? Have experience working in the Finance or Legal space? If so, we want to speak with you!
We are currently seeking a Senior Analyst, Legal Operations to join our team in Richmond, VA, or we are open to remote work arrangements.
The successful candidate will be responsible for data analysis, financial processes and regular communications with outside counsel firms and in-house attorneys
Specific accountabilities include:
• Compile and analyze financial information and proactively identify risks and opportunities
• Ensure compliance with policies, guidelines and financial controls, including executing Sarbanes-Oxley controls and responding to internal audit requests
• Research, resolve and respond to billing inquiries on a timely basis, using the company’s matter management and e-billing system
• Communicate with outside legal counsel (firms) and legal support suppliers
• Facilitate the mitigation of IT Security risk with outside counsel (firms) and legal support suppliers in alignment with IT Risk Management Programs
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Legal or related field
• 3 -5 years of related professional experience in a corporate finance/legal department or law firm
• Excellent computer skills, especially MS Excel (V lookup, pivot tables, charts and formulas) and other financial or matter management software applications
• Strong communication skills, customer service orientation and demonstrated ability to establish effective working relationships
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative, adapt to changing priorities and meet deadlines
In addition to the opportunity to apply and develop your skills toward key business objectives, we offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive base salary, comprehensive health/vision/dental insurance, participation in our incentive compensation and deferred profit-sharing programs as well as a relocation assistance.
Altria has a leading portfolio of tobacco products for U.S. tobacco consumers age 21+. Altria’s Vision through 2030 is to responsibly lead the transition of adult smokers to a non-combustible future. Altria is Moving Beyond Smoking™, leading the way in moving adult smokers away from cigarettes by taking action to transition millions to potentially less harmful choices - believing it is a substantial opportunity for adult tobacco consumers, Altria’s businesses and society.
Altria’s wholly owned subsidiaries include the most profitable tobacco companies in their categories: Philip Morris USA Inc. (PM USA), U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company LLC (USSTC), and John Middleton Co. (Middleton). Altria’s smoke-free portfolio includes Helix Innovations LLC (Helix), the maker of on! oral nicotine pouches, exclusive U.S. commercialization rights to the IQOS Tobacco Heating System® and Marlboro HeatSticks®, and an equity investment in JUUL Labs, Inc. (JUUL). Altria complements its tobacco portfolio with ownership of Ste. Michelle Wine Estates (Ste. Michelle) and equity investments in Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV (ABI), the world’s largest brewer, and Cronos Group Inc. (Cronos), a leading Canadian cannabinoid company.
At Altria, we celebrate the power of diverse teams working together to shape our future. We are inspired to bring our best because our unique strengths are valued. We believe our personal success and progress should be guided by Our Cultural Aspiration, a new articulation of what we value and who we aspire to be, collectively. Our Cultural Aspiration respects and complements individual identity, embracing each other’s unique strengths, welcoming newcomers and developing the best, most inclusive and diverse teams. Join us as we work together to shape a better future for adult tobacco consumers, our employees, and our shareholders. Each Altria company is an equal opportunity employer.